CampTeq 80 Series popup camper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or just keep it and put it behind my 80 :cool:

Thats just so killer ~

J-

Lengths: 2500-2700mm
Width: 1800mm
Height: 1350

2500mm is my choice

Some people want
Some people wish
Others make it happen
- Michael Jordan

Dibs on CampTeq

I have not even received or installed my barn doors but I see this as the only step after the doors and I have the seed planted:D

34981564yy.jpg
34981744ml.jpg

Todays boxes are 2500mm and 2700mm

2500mm

upload_2019-2-2_10-45-44.png

2700mm

IMG_7932.JPG

Attachment - Modified existing CampTeq clamps to get the tightest fit possible

View attachment 933945

I needed an awning I could open and close solo quickly that could take some mild beating. I liked the Fiamma a lot but a little CampTeq contact with a tree recently helped make the ARB as a clear decision. Very happy with the ARB quality, fitment, size, and value.

Specs-
6.5' x 8.2'
~25 lbs
Tan in color
Legs are adjustable
Uses slotted rail for attachment

Sized worked well with the size of the CampTeq

View attachment 933956

Some driveway testing:D

View attachment 933957

Plans are to install some LED strip lighting (idea respectfully stolen from thx138) at the base with dimming capabilities :rainbow::princess:

View attachment 933968View attachment 933970

All in all a great addition to my CampTeq set up

Phil,

Summer is coming and I'd like to add an awning to my rig. Do you by chance have a close-up shot of how you modified the Campteq bracket to secure the awning rail? Welding involved?

Thanks

Phil,

Summer is coming and I'd like to add an awning to my rig. Do you by chance have a close-up shot of how you modified the Campteq bracket to secure the awning rail? Welding involved?

Thanks

You cant see it with pictures its that tight. :) I removed the clamps and welded brackets to put the awning flush to the clamps.

@TWILLY, I just drilled holes in the exterior part of the clamp. I then used the mounting bolts ARB sends. I might be mistaken, but I think @LandCruiserPhil has different gutter clamps than the two of us.

Edit, I just saw Phil’s clamps and they appear to be the same.

@TWILLY, I just drilled holes in the exterior part of the clamp. I then used the mounting bolts ARB sends. I might be mistaken, but I think @LandCruiserPhil has different gutter clamps than the two of us.

Edit, I just saw Phil’s clamps and they appear to be the same.

Thanks, good to know - that's something that I think that I could pull off with my limited tools, space, and skills.

In the past if the sun was out it was hard to get on top of my CampTeq due to temperature. As many know aluminum is the worst for heat conductivity but the trade off is worth it for me because I would have trashed any other rooftop tent made. To the rescue steps in a nice donation from @TexAZ of some super cool Hy-Tech Bus Kote paint. After seeing and feeling the difference it made on TexAZ 200 series I knew it would help. Because it needed to be applied when cool I made a trip up Mount Ord for a 6800' spot of coolness. Paint is super fast drying and several coats I pulled the blue masking tape and called it good. Came down the back way and made contact with several low hanging branches and the paint is tough. Let the 80 set out in the sun for several hours of near 110° temp. TOTAL success very cooI to the touch and can stand on top barefooted without issue. I cant hold my hand on the unpainted side. UNBELIEVABLE the difference.

IMG_3737.JPG

White now with some yellow and green stripes:wtf:
Do you still drive your 80 Series with the campteq Pop Top?

I emailed Eric and he’s going to send me a quote so that I can buy that rooftop solution. I live down in Gilbert and I would love to check out your truck… I believe you’re in Scottsdale. Anytime you’re willing to show me your 80 let me know!

Do you still drive your 80 Series with the campteq Pop Top?

I emailed Eric and he’s going to send me a quote so that I can buy that rooftop solution. I live down in Gilbert and I would love to check out your truck… I believe you’re in Scottsdale. Anytime you’re willing to show me your 80 let me know!

Yes my 80 is going nowhere.

Anytime Scottsdale & Cactus

just found this thread. great ideas as I look to improve on a f-ing amazing product... and super nice rig as well. Im ski camping in mine so insulation was the first thing I saw. Im also glad it takes an awning well... I just got an eezi awn 2000 2m for mine. Its 35# which isn't too much heavier than your arb was concerned about the weight but seeing some of your pics I won't concern myself too much.

Im going to try to recreate that alu-cab Hercules lift up 2 piece lift platform for mine. Anything to make living inside easier/faster will be a welcome addition. It will be about 7/8 thick were currently my sliding board setup is 1/2 so im hoping the mattress will still be good. its 3" thick.
also with the lift platform I think you could incorporate some cool storage solutions for the underside/roof. and since they lift they won't affect interior space when its popped and you're standing. The Hercules 70 series builds have given me tons of ideas... but were in the 4 door boat so have to stay realistic

anyways...subscribed. fun to see what you come up with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom