Camping with your 60/62 thread.... ready go: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMAG2728.jpg
IMAG2736.jpg
IMAG2752.jpg
IMAG2764.jpg

Port Renfrew and Central Walbran

IMAG2764.jpg

A favorite from a recent trip to Crater Lake.

Crater_Lake-1.jpg

I call fake and/or photoshoped!!!!! The rig is too clean for how muddy the ground is! LOL... great shot and love star photography.

yeah, but the colors POP...

I call fake and/or photoshoped!!!!! The rig is too clean for how muddy the ground is! LOL... great shot and love star photography.

Not fake! This campground didn't really have much in the way of off road, so the truck was relatively clean outside of dust, which doesn't really show much in photos. It's a combination of exposures, to capture the whole scene, but it's shot in place.

Dome Plateau on Kokopelli trail outside of Moab, UT
P1030282.JPG

Another Utah trip. Reached back 15 years for this. My youngest son and I headed to Utah and the first destination was Fiddler Cove Canyon, a side tributary to the Dirty Devil River. Desolate but beautiful country out here. Followed the Poison Spring Canyon drainage to a ford across the Dirty Devil, then up Hatch Canyon to this campsite with a panoramic view. Location is below Buckacre Point on The Big Ridge, looking SW towards Cedar Point (no, not the Ohio amusement park) on the other side of the Dirty Devil. The canyon is over 2,200 feet deep at Cedar Point.

Fiddler-Cove-Canyon.jpg

Three years earlier my wife, youngest son, and one of his friends had been further up Hatch Canyon, eventually crossing over Sunset Pass below Gunsight Butte on the way into the Maze District of Canyonlands NP. One of the highlights of the trip was the hike down into the South Fork Horse Canyon drainage to view The Harvest Scene pictograph panel. The photo shows just a short section of the pictograph panel. BTW, the Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo on the rack is for getting back to civilization (almost nonexistent in this part of Utah) in case of a breakdown. From the Maze District to pavement is well over 40 miles.

North-Hatch-Canyon.jpg

Harvest-Scene.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom