Camping with kiddos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's my post in another thread, but I really should be having it here. With tents; no cabins. I don't have a roof top tent yet either.

After drinking some wine and what not.... beer, etc.

I've been listening to good ol Alan Jackson and it's killing me. Need to go camping soon. Like in two weeks.

Ok, so I have an 8 yr old wonderful daughter who says "Dad, I don't want to stay at some sissy campground with toilets."

Uh, I'm under pressure.

?There must be fishing. With a bow. And a fire. A BIG bon-fire. Beer. Koolaide for the kids. GrandPaws, stories, and such. Knifes. Um, stars. Tents, Shovels, TP, and Pretty much, just some water and Mud.

Where can I go find this place.

Possibly, next to a lake. But I'm the only one who wants that really, cause I want to bring the Jet ski.

I have connections at Lake Buchannon. I live pretty much on Lake Ray Hubbard.

But that's "too city" for her. sigh. Got family in Round Rock, (Mom), and aint' afraid to get dirty. Won't go too far right now, don't trust the t-case or tires, so Austin, Bastrop, OKC, is as far as I'll go. No beach yet. I'll get there eventually.

WP

Anyone have any ideas? For one night only!

Bonham State Park
or
Lake Fannin

Purtis Creek State Park has primitive camping that you can hike to.

A bonfire might be a little hard with most of the state under a burn ban.

I hate to give up my fav spot, but Lake Murrary in OK is a awesome spot. Shhh don't tell everyone please.

We are going this memorial w-end to Bryan Beach state park. Look up Quintana TX and you'll see it right next to it.It is not a TPWD park, and is regulated by the local authority (City of Freeport). I called, and this is as wild and primitive as it can get. No check in, no designated camp sites, no water, electricity, ect... exactly what I was looking for !!!! Pretty much you drive to a place you like and set up camp !.I heard fishing is good there, and camp fires are allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom