Events/Trails Camping trip - spring break 4/1/20 - 4/5/20 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Someone mentioned Mogollon ghost town. Nice overland adventure from Mogollon back to I-25 via Snow Lake and Monticello Canyon, though i believe the canyon itself may be closed do to Jeep traffic. Many water crossings of Alamosa Creek with winching opportunities. Hot springs are really nice here as is camping. Routes leading to Pie Town also. Whoops, bad news. End of Part-2.
1584289687435.png

damn straight. :)

Go to Grapevine campground near Gila hotsprings totally free and is not closed because of all this silliness.

Thanks for the idea. Is that the CG with the goats and donkeys? Never mind, it's north of Gila springs town, I recall it now.

We had a great camping trip down south, about 30 miles west of Socorro. Larry joined us on Friday after work and we tooled around Sat around on South Baldy area. We checked out the Langmuir observatory then hiked up to the peak of South Baldy. It was windy AF Thu and Sat nights which was to be expected but otherwise, the weather was perfect. We camped at an old homestead with a main house, a barn and two out buildings. The rock walls they built were quite massive. The new to me camper did exceptionally well but my list of To Do's is REALLY long now :bang:

1586185479176.png

1586185513396.png

1586185569494.png

1586185628453.png

1586185683934.png

Last edited:
What RT did Larry get?

iKamper

We had a great camping trip down south, about 30 miles west of Socorro. Larry joined us on Friday after work and we tooled around Sat around South Baldy area. We checked out the Langmuir observatory then we hiked up to the peak of South Baldy. It was windy AF Thu and Sat nights which was to be expected but otherwise, the weather was perfect. We camped at an old homestead with a main house, a barn and two out buildings. The rock walls they built were quite massive.

View attachment 2262572

View attachment 2262573

View attachment 2262579

View attachment 2262580

View attachment 2262581
Looks like a great little camp site. I used to camp in the foothills of the San Mateo's . Did some MTB ing up some canyons. Very lonely area.:)

Larry the ladder maker. He is planning on building ladders all around NM/CO/AZ camp spots. :rofl:

1586201751824.png
1586201729296.png

Larry the ladder maker. He is planning on building ladders all around NM/CO/AZ camp spots. :rofl:

View attachment 2262868 View attachment 2262866
It is sad that iKamper does not include an aluminum ladder with their RTT, and users have to wait until they have driven a long way out of town to find wood materials to build their own ladder. Luckily, Larry had nails and hammer . iKamper should include those tools with their otherwise nice RTT.
Larry, please send these pictures to iKamper, so they can post them on their website. Please, please, please...........:rofl:

Larry, please send these pictures to iKamper, so they can post them on their website. Please, please, please...........:rofl:

THIS!!!!!

It was nice that we took extra precautions to minimize any risk of contaminating one another. We wore masks/bandannas and practiced social distancing when gathering around the camp fire or conversing and so forth. Not ideal, but it feels like we minimized any risk of contaminating the other person when wearing the masks.

BTW, the turd booth in the back worked pretty well.

20200404_183614.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom