Camping trip ideas - Memorial Holiday weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Camping season is upon us and I was looking for some ideas for a camping trip during the Memorial day weekend. I was thinking of heading South while the temps are reasonable. Post up if you're interested in going or have some ideas. Ideally, it'd be great to have a river or a lake near by for the kids and pets to play in. Elephant Butte lake is out - too many people and the usual chaos.

As of now, I'm thinking of departing ABQ on Friday, 5/27 and return on 5/30. I may be able to take that Friday, 5/27 off of work but not sure yet. I'll be taking the Kamparoo.

Let 'er rip :D

what about this one? pretty sure the is campground on start? caballo riverside campground. double winner!!! camp and wheel + water!!

never been but i'm intrigued.

Caballo/Palomas

what about this one? pretty sure the is campground on start? caballo riverside campground. double winner!!! camp and wheel + water!!

never been but i'm intrigued.

Caballo/Palomas

I like it. It's new for me as well and not too far away.

Check out Quemado lake near the Gila.

Quemado might be good. They allow jet skis at Caballo. I have a strained relationship with jet skis.

yeah it looked like there were no campsites available at the caballo CG either :frown:

Qemado is at 8,000 ft elevation, wondering if the temps will be warm enough yet.

Well, I have some news from my end. There is a strong possibility that I have to fly to Reno on that Friday for a family thing. Sorry guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom