Events/Trails Camping trip - City of Rocks State Park, near Silver City. April 16 - 18, 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
For our first camping trip of the season, I'm doing a nice & easy trip down south to the City of Rocks. This place is really cool and worth a visit. Nearby Silver City is close enough for a quick jaunt to nose around. Bring your dogs, kids, MTBs, climbing ropes, Class A, C, motor homes, trailers, tents, etc :hillbilly: We'll be departing ABQ on Friday, 16th, maybe before noon (I hope) and returning home on Sun, 18th.

CG has water and toilets, see below for more info. I grabbed a non-electric site #6 but you can grab whatever you wish.

Nice YT video on this CG:

City of Rocks
Site:
mail
6 Lyra Vega Star
Site Type: Camping
Loop: MAIN CAMPGROUND (NON-ELECTRIC)
Primary Occupant: A A
Occupants: 5
# of Vehicles: 1
Equipment: 1 Pop up
# Of Pets: 0
Arrival Date: Fri Apr 16 2021
Check-in Time: 4:00 PM
Departure Date: Sun Apr 18 2021
Check-out Time: 2:00 PM

If this CG is full, check out below:

Faywwod Hot Springs, near City of Rocks, is showing they have RV and tent sites available, but I recommend calling them to find out for sure.
1-575-536-9663
Temperate Zone RV Park, Hidden Valley Ranch RV Park also in area.

Sites Owners
1 Kyle
2 Aaron, Sarai
3 Larry
4 Jon
6 Ali, Isabelle
7 Jacob
8 jbnmt4r, wife
14 Vince

29 Stephen, wife
34 Justin
39 Pat, Susan

Last edited:
thinking of joining, I have never been here. of the spots that are left is there any you'd recommend? just curious thinking maybe 7 or 10 from the looks in the video

For my first camping trip of the season, I'm doing a nice & easy trip down south to the City of Rocks. This place is really cool and worth a visit. Nearby Silver City is close enough for a quick jaunt to nose around. Bring your dogs, kids, MTBs, climbing ropes, Class A, C, motor homes, trailers, tents, etc :hillbilly: I'll be departing ABQ on Friday, 16th, maybe before noon (I hope) and returning home on Sun, 18th.

CG has water and toilets, see below for more info. I grabbed non-electric site but you can grab whatever you wish.

I grabbed spot #6

Nice YT video on this CG:

City of Rocks
Site:
mail
6 Lyra Vega Star
Site Type: Camping
Loop: MAIN CAMPGROUND (NON-ELECTRIC)
Primary Occupant: A A
Occupants: 5
# of Vehicles: 1
Equipment: 1 Pop up
# Of Pets: 0
Arrival Date: Fri Apr 16 2021
Check-in Time: 4:00 PM
Departure Date: Sun Apr 18 2021
Check-out Time: 2:00 PM

my wife and I are booked for site 8! will probably have to leave a bit after 12 as I have a class at 12 to 1

It’s my favorite state park. Try to go at least once a year! :D

I'm reserved in site #4. I've never been there, so something new for me.

What are nighttime temps likely to be for this one? I’m tired of being cold.

It's down south by few hours so it'll be warmer regardless of what ABQ is experiencing. I'm more worried about the wind than anything but being surrounded by rocks, might have a decent wind break.

My wife and I got site 29 (near one of the bathrooms). She can’t walk very far.

It's down south by few hours so it'll be warmer regardless of what ABQ is experiencing. I'm more worried about the wind than anything but being surrounded by rocks, might have a decent wind break.
Or a wind funnel!o_O

updated first post with site #s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom