Camping toilet opinions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to be buying a camping toilet soon because evidently my kids can't go for more than 12 hours without having a bowel movement and sometimes its more like 6 hours! Anyway, what's a good one to get and where? I want it to be enclosed and free standing, easy to setup and require minimal effort on my part to dispose of the waste. I will probably use it for both rural camping and campground camping since they have a fear of unclean toilets which, depending on the campground, I really can't blame them. Thanks!

I'm sure others wll chime in with other/better? options but what we've used for some time is a toilet seat on folding legs. You hang a plastic bag below and off to the races.
The legs can go into the soil if it's wet or soft but other wise it works quite well.
The only thing it really needs is a shelter for privacy.
One of those pop-up shower or toliet enclosures would work well I'd think. This little unit pack away flat and is easy to use.
Onward,
:cool:

Here's the system I use and I'm sure many of you have seen set up by my camp.

Camp Toilet System

camp chair/toilet

In this case you want the kids on the pot! You need all the storage space
in your rig. I've used the 5 gal bucket with seat and it's not collapsible.
Been looking at the camp chair/toilet. see : Reliance Tri-To-Go Camping Chair/Portable Toilet #81044 from Campmor. Also see other Reliance toilet products
Bye, Ty2

Good stuff! ......so being the cheap SOB that I am.....has anyone tried to use kitty litter to cover up smell and congeal the excrement?? I figure if you put in a little kitty litter before, then a little(or a lot) after the deed it should work right? The gel packs and stuff are kinda expensive but I think they are very necessary (you'd have to smell my kids). I mean if we took the kids out for a week in the wilderness we would probably have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house whereas I can get a 5 lb bag of kitty litter for $3.00!

Also I've got an awesome toilet idea using an ammo can! I'm not using them and they are the perfect height!

another option

Portable Toilet System for the outdoors - Pirate4x4.Com

you could always teach them the ways of the shovel and hike.... :flipoff2:

I agree. Make them squat in the bushes a few times first. Teach them the proper way so they don't poop on themselves, and how not to do it on a slope so it rolls into their shoes, etc. Once they've done that a few times-then they won't complain about ANY toilet you finally buy. :D

I've tried the squat technique with them and part of the problem is they aren't strong enough to dig a sufficient hole and they are too young to really go wandering that far away from camp by themselves. Then there is the problem with them bringing back my shovel with a bunch of poo on it and all over everything else too. Not to mention digging a hole and taking a squat in the middle of the Lake of the Woods campground is probably frowned upon. I may pickup the necessities this weekend for my ammo can toilet and then test it out myself to see if it'll work. Then I will just get a cheap little privacy shelter to put it in.

Copy that, you're probably right on all of those points. I think the 5 gallon bucket with a seat and a trash bag would be simple enough, or the setup with the fold up legs is simple. I've seen those in a lot of sporting goods places. It's a sheety job I'm sure you can handle.;)

Old ammo can - $20
Extra large toilet seat - $29.99
Portable changing room - $39.99
Making the kids think you're takin a deuce in the living room - priceless!

Ironing out some details on this little gem tomorrow but its gonna work nicely.

2012-06-02203008.jpg

2012-06-02202953.jpg

2012-06-02214615.jpg

Lol! You'll have to stake that thing down, looks like the slightest "wind" would blow it over, leaving the user- :crybaby:.

You need a more diverse selection of reading material there.;)

jamister1 said:
Old ammo can - $20
Extra large toilet seat - $29.99
Portable changing room - $39.99
Making the kids think you're takin a deuce in the living room - priceless!

Ironing out some details on this little gem tomorrow but its gonna work nicely.

:lol: classic

So do we get to try it next weekend? :grinpimp:

I think it needs portal axels, or at least stickers of them.

Jesse first off my GIRLS use the woods...

That being said Love your idea it would have saved me Four hundred bucks before Rubicon!!!
And I hope you have some sort of bags that fit in that can cuz clean up would SUCK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom