Camping near Westcreek 5/13 - 5/15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! Just wanted to let anyone interested know that I'll be out camping this weekend near Westcreek wherever we can find a spot. I'll be heading out from Westminster around 3-330 Friday afternoon and heading down for a couple nights near the gulches. I've got one friend who's likely coming with me but not sure if anyone else will be tagging along. Going to drive in from the Westcreek side towards Metberry gulch and keep going until I find a decent camping site.

Hoping to do Metberry Saturday morning, grab lunch back at camp, then hit one of the other two gulches that afternoon. Sunday morning, hoping to do the third before packing up to head home.

Open invitation to anyone who wants to join. I use a GMRS and usually monitor channel 20, but otherwise you'll just have to look for the guy camped out with a white LX470 and a green box trailer of some kind.

20201219_122439.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all! Just wanted to let anyone interested know that I'll be out camping this weekend near Westcreek wherever we can find a spot. I'll be heading out from Westminster around 3-330 Friday afternoon and heading down for a couple nights near the gulches. I've got one friend who's likely coming with me but not sure if anyone else will be tagging along. Going to drive in from the Westcreek side towards Metberry gulch and keep going until I find a decent camping site.

Hoping to do Metberry Saturday morning, grab lunch back at camp, then hit one of the other two gulches that afternoon. Sunday morning, hoping to do the third before packing up to head home.

Open invitation to anyone who wants to join. I use a GMRS and usually monitor channel 20, but otherwise you'll just have to look for the guy camped out with a white LX470 and a green box trailer of some kind.

View attachment 3006029
I frequently go that way in my SxS. What's your name in case I run into you? I'm Sam and I will be driving a Kawasaki KRX or a Honda Talon.

Hi Sam, my name is Kris. Hopefully see you out there! I'll keep an eye out for you.

Had a great weekend, and it was great to meet @miker. We've got a ton of footage and pictures but here's a couple (reposted from the 100 series photo thread):

Metberry just passed the sharp off-camber right-hander by the big rock.

PXL_20220513_212553934.jpg

Camp setup:

PXL_20220514_024539406.NIGHT.jpg

The largest obstacle on Longwater, and it's a bit of a doosey. The 100 struggled to get back up due to weight. The tacoma went up without an issue.

signal-2022-05-15-18-17-06-321.jpg

My dog found a good viewing spot to watch us struggle with the big rock:

signal-2022-05-15-171759.jpeg

Here's the first major obstacle on Hackett but coming back out. On the way in, the taco got hungup by its worse departure angle and had to be winched free. It came back down fine. Gravity helps.

PXL_20220515_204309759.jpg

And finally, near the bottom of hackett is a nasty obstacle that has large rocks sticking up with large holes before and after them, off camber, and a tree. The taco is all stock except rock rails, and ran out of clearance. Also, his traction control is rather jerky in engagement, so as he was try to crawl through, it jerked hard and popped him right off the rock he was relying on to save his bumper...

IMG_20220515_132154369_HDR_20220516_085213.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom