camping jocasse? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dohcdelsol93

snoogans
Threads
it's supposed to be a great weekend, warm during the day and no where below 40 in the mtns.

i'm thinking about loading up the top of the cruiser and a trailer with kayaks and heading out to jocasse to do some camping and a lot of fishing.

anyone have any suggestions on where to do some primitive camping?

Most of the lake is all on protected gov't land and you can't camp on the shores like you can in hartwell, other than the horse pasture i don't know much about it.

Any other familiys interested in coming along, would love to get together with some other folks that know the lake well and can show us some pointers on fishing/waterfalls.

we are wanting to go canoeing somewhere this weekend, weve only briefly visited lake jocassee so dont know much about the area or if it is a place to even canoe. IF we get some good feedback from some others here on the subject we may join ya!

a weekend at the tent sites at devils fork are 18-22 bucks for fri and sat night.

Jocasse is definately a good place to go canoeing. Just gotta find out where the waterfalls are.

even without the waterfalls the clear/clean water make a great to just go and swim (when it's warm).

some of the campsites are boat access only. We will have children and dogs as well as a trailer to fit atleast 3 boats so we will probably stay on the mainland.

The last time i went up to the horsepasture you could see kayakers from the look out point.

Hopefully the lake will be empty, it's still early in the season for boaters/jet skis

i don't know where the falls are but jocassee is a great lake to kayak or canoe

well forgot we had plans or dinner i should say with family so will have to go canoeing around here with no camping, but if we didnt have to we would came on up, gonna try to camp,canoe and hike a good bit this year, so if you keep posting your trips we will post ours and see if they end up crossing paths

Well I named one of my daughters after that lake. I've been boating and camping there for over 20 years. There are two big falls. Whitewater falls and Laurel Fork Falls. Both are cool. Both are a haul in a canoe. There are two primitive sites on the lake. One is across from Devils Fork. You reserve those at the boat landing or online. I wouldn't wait to get them the day of. The other one is up Toxiway River on the right. There is a beach area that you can put a canoe on and you have to hike in to the sites. First come first serve I believe. Sites are about 100 yards of the water. I've never camped there though.

Below is a map of the falls.
falls.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom