Camping Gear Basics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Setup the new tent
Only gripe is that they sent wrong cross bar for vestibule. Picked it up for the night but we'll try it out probably Friday.

image-3543862987.jpg

image-868962988.jpg

image-2352470373.jpg

image-2256973803.jpg

image-3543862987.jpg

image-868962988.jpg

image-2352470373.jpg

image-2256973803.jpg

Looks very nice Matt. How heavy is that thing?

Matt, how long does it take to set up and break down? What did you end up paying for it? I'm just curious to see if I did ok with my purchase in the cost vs convenience category. It takes me a solid 30 minutes to set up but it was only $109 so I can't decide if it was worth it or not. It will serve me well once the kids get bigger but right now I am second guessing why I didn't spend more for a smaller faster model.

@ 109 I think you did ok. Don't know who it was that said bigger is better though. ;)

I've sold my M101 and with the new funds going to be looking at a different trailer and a Cascadia rooftop to go on the trailer. I'm excited.

It only took me about 15 minutes the first time I did it. very simple to setup. Only thing is that you have to crawl on the tent to put in rood supports, but that doesnt bother me, just have to be aware if your shoes are muddy

I was in the same boat. I wanted something bigger for the kids eventually, something nicer than the usual 60-100 walmart specials (although my coleman $60 tent is doing just fine for warmer temps)

I like camping in the cooler temps and again because Ashlee and the kids will not be with me on the trails every time I wanted something more substantial, with some room inside that they could play if it rains or is just too cold to be comfy outside (which also drove the canvas decision)

I had some debit gift certificate things so that cut down the cost substantially. The tent lists for $600 on competitive edge products, but there is also one with only one window on each side that is $480, and the vestibule was another $60. A couple smaller versions too. This one is 10x14

@ 109 I think you did ok. Don't know who it was that said bigger is better though. ;)

I've sold my M101 and with the new funds going to be looking at a different trailer and a Cascadia rooftop to go on the trailer. I'm excited.

There was a CVT group buy on expo portal, 30% off. I was very very tempted to pull the trigger, but I'd never be able to build a rack in time for the Krawl and the extra $600 it would have cost me was a bit too much right now.

Slide in Camper, 94 dodge for sale

Hey gang, just picked up this dodge and camper today. The seller would not let me have the camper alone, had to buy as a package deal. The Slide in is going into the f350, so I now have a 94 dodge Standard Cab dually with truck box for sale. Has 38k miles on it....In great shape (Just dirty) $3500 pass the word

camper.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom