Camper top for Double Cab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BlueCruiser84

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone have a list of other vehicle toppers that fit a first gen double cab short bed? Nissan frontier, Chevy Colorado, etc.?

I’d really like a camper top, but the odds of finding one for a double cab Tacoma around me are slim.

Does anyone have a list of other vehicle toppers that fit a first gen double cab short bed? Nissan frontier, Chevy Colorado, etc.?

I’d really like a camper top, but the odds of finding one for a double cab Tacoma around me are slim.

At your own risk have a search here.

Do you know your bed dimensions?

I looked for over a year for my double cab Hilux which I’m pretty sure is the same size as your first gen. I think early frontiers with the 5ft bed will fit but they are even more scarce. I eventually had a canvas soft topper custom made - turned out pretty slick.

I was just looking too. But also I went to a local topper shop in town 3 years ago and they had a good few options available. I wanted a hi-top type and they could get the ARE MX one in the hi-top for the double cab 5ft bed. I didnt pull the trigger on it then. Now i've been looking again a bit, but only online so far and on ARE site, they do not show the hi-top available, but they show a couple of the cab-height ones still available. Seems about the same for the snugtop and others as well. So if you are good with a cab-height one and really want one (new ones are a bit pricey $$$$) then you should find a local dealer and talk to them. The place here also carries a selection of used tops, but they are mostly for your big three fullsize trucks--they had nothing for my Tacoma when i went there. Could be worth a shot.

Otherwise, keep your eye on craigslist and other classifieds near your area.

Last edited:
I was just looking too. But also I went to a local topper shop in town 3 years ago and they had a good few options available. I wanted a hi-top type and they could get the ARE MX one in the hi-top for the double cab 5ft bed. I didnt pull the trigger on it then. Now i've been looking again a bit, but only online so far and on ARE site, they do not show the hi-top available, but they show a couple of the cab-height ones still available. Seems about the same for the snugtop and others as well. So if you are good with a cab-height one and really want one (new ones are a bit pricey $$$$) then you should find a local dealer and talk to them. The place here also carries a selection of used tops, but they are mostly for your big three fullsize trucks--they had nothing for my Tacoma when i went there. Could be worth a shot.

Otherwise, keep your eye on craigslist and other classifieds near your area.

I’m definitely not buying a new one! Holy moly those things are expensive. I saw a mid rise one for a GMC Canyon the other day but I was out of town and couldn’t get to it. Thinking it would have been very close.

I have a colorado topper on mine. It's not a perfect fit but for the $25 I paid for it, it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom