Camino Del Diablo? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where is that?

Starts just outside Yuma and runs east over toward Ajo and Sells Az. It's on the order of the Mojave Rd., nothing radical just scenic, desolate and quiet. Google it, I'm sure my description is way vague. What's nice is it's only 2.5 hrs to Yuma, you know, Cracker Barrel, not to mention if one takes I8 back there's Date shakes!

Whenever you say you can go? Seriously this may be a better option for a 3 dayer than DV

@RET2 are you leading the Congo line on this one? :rofl: I'm going to look at the calendar in a few and send some availability. Are we thinking leave on a Friday or Thursday, with a Sunday return?

Info: El Camino del Diablo - Wikipedia

Dates I can consider:

April 18 - 21 Edit: this is over spring break for my kids, upon further analysis and buy-in from the fam this would be the best set of dates for us. Pretty please w/ a cherry on top?
April 25 - 28
May 2 - 5
May 30 - June 2 (HOT!!)

Everyone going over the age of 18 needs a permit, valid through June 30. Takes 15 mins due to 13 min video. No more than 9 trucks but that shouldn't be an issue.
  1. Go here: Home - Luke AFB iSportsman Service - iSportsman
  2. Register for an account
  3. click some stuffs
  4. watch a video
  5. checkout "free" permit
  6. select general permit
  7. checkout 2nd "free permit"
Then basically you check-in/check-out as you enter/leave.

Last edited:
Everyone going over the age of 18 needs a permit, valid through June 30. Takes 15 mins due to 13 min video. No more than 9 trucks but that shouldn't be an issue.
  3. click some stuffs
  4. watch a video
  6. select general permit
[/QUOTE]

Permit for what?

3. click some stuffs
  4. watch a video
  6. select general permit

Permit for what?
[/QUOTE]
To ride on the Devil's Highway of course! Or to enter Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge and the Goldwater mountain range (bombing sites).

Really very simple, they just want to know who and how many people are wandering around on a bombing range? What could be wrong with that? :rofl:

Really very simple, they just want to know who and how many people are wandering around on a bombing range? What could be wrong with that? :rofl:
Exactly. "If you find a bomb, don't put it in your buddies tent. Even if it looks old and used. And don't take it home. And be nice to the border patrol, they may stop and oogle at your rig." You know, typical stuffs.

Hahahaha... Hey @RET2 dems fightin' words!

Hey Chap it's only 21hrs, see you there?

I talked to a AZ resident that is a big off roader over there and his comments was it is boring with loads of border patrol traffic... Just saying, not trying to be a buzz kill. As a option a possibility due to the issues with Death Valley!

I talked to a AZ resident that is a big off roader over there and his comments was it is boring with loads of border patrol traffic... Just saying, not trying to be a buzz kill. As a option a possibility due to the issues with Death Valley!
Hey can you ask your AZ buddy if they've done the AZ Peace trail, and if so what some of the best parts were? Also if they have, some good camping spots along the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom