Camelback Toyota welcomes CruiserHiggs! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
Some positive changes happening at Camelback Toyota!

Recently one of our very own longtime CSC members, Scott Higgins, has replaced Tom as our main LandCruiser technician. Scott brings Toyota Master technician qualifications (hybrid certified too!), 16 years of experience, and loves working on 4x4 Toyotas! Im sure many of you have seen the SAS converted 4Runner he built.

We have done some minor restructuring at the same time to help better our completion times and quality of work.

These are things that are important to us and our clients deserve the best.

Thank you!

Murf

Thanks Murf! I’m grateful to be at Camelback Toyota and look forward to helping our customers!

Thanks Phil! It’s good to be back.

Hi Cruiserhiiggs, you still want the disk brake conversion kit for the 40 front axle that you placed dibs on years ago ?

Welcome back to the neighborhood !

Smart parts crew there, and better finish in the bays is always appreciated.

Hope you have a long and amusing stand there , and just ignore those obd2 codes they text you...

Scott went back up to Utah to pick up one of his two hot rods. here is his 56 Chevy pick up he restored/modded himself :cool:

SCOTT.jpg

Met Scott a couple weeks back. Welcome to our Arizona Land Cruiser community! The crew at Camelback is first rate!

Scott went back up to Utah to pick up one of his two hot rods. here is his 56 Chevy pick up he restored/modded himself :cool:

View attachment 1852556

Not sure if 56 was a Apache or not. Learned to drive a column shift stick on a Apache and F series Ford at the paper mill in Flagstaff. Both were from the fifties. That and a Chevy stake bed with a two speed rear diff. Fun times living in a college town in my teens. That was just a couple of years ago.:rolleyes:

If I my wife's and my families weren't all in the valley would like somewhere with mountians like this.

Not sure if 56 was a Apache or not. Learned to drive a column shift stick on a Apache and F series Ford at the paper mill in Flagstaff. Both were from the fifties. That and a Chevy stake bed with a two speed rear diff. Fun times living in a college town in my teens. That was just a couple of years ago.:rolleyes:

If I my wife's and my families weren't all in the valley would like somewhere with mountians like this.

56 was actually called the task force era. The Apache came out in 58 when they redesigned the front end and had dual headlights on each side. 50’s trucks are my favorite but close second is the 30’s trucks I’ve owned. That would be an awesome truck to learn how to drive in. The styling of classic cars and trucks will always be my favorite. Everyone had cool cars back then.

I would like to post here that I've recently had a very poor experience with Camelback Toyota Parts.
The "internet" division in particular
After this experience it is clear to me that Camelback's customer service is not the priority; it is good old $ cash
Here's what happened:
1) I ordered 5 items for my 1997 LandCruiser off their website
2) I received an e-mail stating that a particular part number (77293-60050) to be exact, was discontinued, the order for that part was being canceled and I would be refunded the money. This email came on March 4th. Camelback's price on the part was $14.37
3) I left on a ski trip on March 6th. Given that I needed this part due to a water leak, I needed to find it somewhere. I called 4 different Toyota dealerships and they all confirmed that the part was indeed discontinued and they were physically out of stock. I then proceeded to Ebay, where I found the part from a seller located in Germany. I paid about $25 for the part + about $22 shipping; all-in cost to me was $51.
4) I returned from my ski trip 6 days later to a Camelback parts box at my door. When I opened the box, all my parts were there, including 77293-60050. I went ahead and installed everything same day.
5) Today I called Camelback to discuss the situation that I had ordered another part of Ebay based on their cancellation e-mail and would now be out $51. Camelback pointed to an e-mail sent on March 5th that indicated all my parts had been shipped, believing that that e-mail effectively retracted the email from March 4th. They indicated I should have seen the e-mail and called them to confirm that "all my parts" actually included the discontinued one as well. They then proceeded to ask me to try to contact the German seller to see if I could cancel the order (Buy It Now on Ebay is a contract; everybody knows this). I tried to meet in the middle by asking them to split the loss with me by giving me a $25 credit for future parts purchases and I would send them the part from Germany in Toyota packaging for restocking. They indicated all they could do for me was give me a $14 refund since that is what the part actually cost from Camelback or I could remove the part from my Cruiser and send it back to them for a refund; anything more than that and they would be losing money. After I asked him to escalate to a manager, they came back with: there is nothing we can do for you; we delivered the part you ordered and we sent an e-mail on March 5th stating all your parts were being shipped.

Nice customer service Camelback Parts internet division
Opportunity lost to make a customer happy, even after customer was willing to split the loss with you

I would like to post here that I've recently had a very poor experience with Camelback Toyota Parts.
After this experience it is clear to me that Camelback's customer service is not the priority; it is good old $ cash
Here's what happened:
2) I received an e-mail stating that a particular part number (77293-60050) to be exact, was discontinued, the order for that part was being canceled and I would be refunded the money. This email came on March 4th. Camelback's price on the part was $14.37
3) I left on a ski trip on March 6th. Given that I needed this part due to a water leak, I needed to find it somewhere. I called 4 different Toyota dealerships and they all confirmed that the part was indeed discontinued and they were physically out of stock. I then proceeded to Ebay, where I found the part from a seller located in Germany. I paid about $25 for the part + about $22 shipping; all-in cost to me was $51.
4) I returned from my ski trip 6 days later to a Camelback parts box at my door. When I opened the box, all my parts were there, including 77293-60050. I went ahead and installed everything same day.
5) Today I called Camelback to discuss the situation that I had ordered another part of Ebay based on their cancellation e-mail and would now be out $51. Camelback pointed to an e-mail sent on March 5th that indicated all my parts had been shipped, believing that that e-mail effectively retracted the email from March 4th. They indicated I should have seen the e-mail and called them to confirm that "all my parts" actually included the discontinued one as well. They then proceeded to ask me to try to contact the German seller to see if I could cancel the order (Buy It Now on Ebay is a contract; everybody knows this). I tried to meet in the middle by asking them to split the loss with me by giving me a $25 credit for future parts purchases and I would send them the part from Germany in Toyota packaging for restocking. They indicated all they could do for me was give me a $14 refund since that is what the part actually cost from Camelback or I could remove the part from my Cruiser and send it back to them for a refund; anything more than that and they would be losing money. After I asked him to escalate to a manager, they came back with: there is nothing we can do for you; we delivered the part you ordered and we sent an e-mail on March 5th stating all your parts were being shipped.

Opportunity lost to make a customer happy, even after customer was willing to split the loss with you
Good feedback, but CBT is no longer the dealership of choice. This thread is 2 years old and things have changed since then.

I'm gonna side with CBT here. You ordered a part, which they dutifully supplied to you, which you then installed, and you're expecting them to eat the money you spent on an eBay purchase from Germany. Nope. I would have told you the same exact thing. They're under exactly zero obligation to refund you anything, especially if you've installed the part.

But It Now on eBay is not automatically a no-returns deal. I sell on eBay all the time and have taken returns on BiN items. Unless it's a used part and stated as such and listed as an AS-IS non-returnable you do have recourse.

It's only $51.... sell it on eBay and make up some of the difference.

Here's what happened:

It’s not amazon, get over it. I am so glad I don’t have to deal with retail customers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom