Came across some old photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well looking back that was a lot of damn work. Lots of bloody knuckles. Lots of beer, swearing.

Lots of new friends too. learned some stuff, got some new tools. Learned how to tell if a gas tank leaks. and learned that Jim and Nick are pretty smart dudes.

what was once 5 cruisers morphed into the pile o crap as Jim calls it.

its a 70, 71, 73, 75, 77 and later Fj 40.
DSC00799.JPG
DSC00800.JPG
DSC01096.JPG

More, in the process, bought 3 houses, sold 2, moved out of state once, had 2 kids, got two dogs, gave up one dog.

went from 75 axles, to 77 axles, 4 wheel disks. 8274 on the front, full cage. new gas tank and some Jim C magic,

Nick was nice enough to transport this from Skunk works (AKA Jims shop) To Michigan. what good folks.
IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0907.JPG

Thanks, I would say its a good trail rig but I have no idea... Seriously, I have been building on this one for about 6-7 years. it has done probably 40 miles or less in that time on the road. (towing from OH doesnt count)

Jim worked magic on the motor. when I brought it to his shop I think it was running on 2 cylinders. compression checked out good and the rest was behind closed doors.

I finished some hard half doors this winter. I will post up some pics, Put in newer 40 seats from nick. and 4 point harnesses.

Although its pretty rusty by most standards, I think I have been through pretty much every nut and bolt on the truck.

Cant say enough about good dudes who helped me out tons. Like help with a full front end rebuild. Mini truck birfs. and helping me to crack a windsheild. :)

This place is 2 hours from my house. Bout 6 hours from CBus
Driving on the Silver Lake Sand Dunes

I was there back in highschool very cool stuff.
Maybe a summer run there would be in order. The weekends get pretty packed, but the week days are not too bad, Something for everyone. Cheap camping close like 30 a night. This may be the maiden voyage for the bus too.

Last edited:
Is that place anywhere near Luddington? I went camping there last summer, it was a very nice state park, but then again Michigan State Parks pretty much shame anything Ohio has to offer.

Yeah, Ludington is about 30 miles north of Silver Lake, Both are right on Lake Michigan.

The dunes have a lot to do. Lots of hills to climb. some deep water holes. drag strip. and then the beach to just hang out if you want to.

The scenery is worth the drive. Yes there are way too many heeps, but this gives you an idea of the beach area.
silver-lake-sand-dunes.jpg

Yeah don't I know it, I was born in Kalamazoo and have I still have some family that lives in Flatrock MI. Sleeping Bear dunes is gotta be up there w/ my all time favorite places to camp. Luddington is sweet because you have lake MI and then the other lake, can't remember the name of it. My Dad's best friend has a house on that lake, maybe if I seel a kidney and hit the lottery I could afford a lake house like they have. Some day, some day.......

How far of a drive is that from cleveland??
I need some camping, This lack of desert is starting to mess with my head.
Dave

I think we need to plan a club run there....
Dave

And a few more....

Man....I remember that birf job on Warren's rig and also breaking the winshield....:doh: These pics are from 05 and 06 in the CBus area...
PIC00003.JPG
PIC00008.JPG
P8130028.JPG

and learned that Jim and Nick are pretty smart dudes.

Warren,

That Jim dude, yep, he's pretty smart but that Nick guy OTOH...:hmm:

40 looks good. Now we just gotta get it and you on the trail. Repeat after me: CMCC, CMCC, CMCC, cmcc, cmcc, cmc... until you've convinced yourself and the wife it's FAR more important to hang out with some crazies that drive vintage Toyota's than family and loved ones. :grinpimp:

Nick

I think we need to plan a club run there....
Dave

I'd be willing to go up there in late July or August for a 3 or 4 day weekend. The water is pretty damn cold in Lake MI in June, and it only warms up a little bit more by July and August, but it is swimmable.

Duly noted,
CMCC is in july so August sounds good to me.
Let me check the schedule and I will start a new post, back to the task at hand.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom