Cam gear removel??? (1 Viewer)

Both the repair manuals that I have just say take gear off. I removed the c-clip, put a gear puller tool on it and damn thing won't move. Anyone removed the cam gear before. Suggestions??

LCS

Are you pulling the gear while the cam is still in the motor/vehicle or out of the motor?

Like mark said use a press! unless it's still in the engine....then good luck! it come's off with some effort. Try using some PB blaster to help a little bit and lightly tap it with a hammer if you can. BE VERY CAREFUL not to damage the gear it's really easy to with a hammer...this is really not the best way but it will get it off.

Why are you removing the gear? are you replacing the cam or is the gear already damaged?

I removed mine with the engine in. Don't remember taking it off being a struggle, but I really remember putting the new one back on being a huge pain. Pushing it on far enough to clear the circlip groove was a battle.

hicruise55

IH8MUD VOYEUR

Just removed two lastnight out of the engine- gear puller, PB, a "little" heat, by no means loose but did come off NBD...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom