cam bearing install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, I got another rebuild question. The second smallest cam bearing has three oil holes in it. but where it goes in the block has one oil hole in it. does this really matter? or is it the wrong bearing?

Last edited:
The FSM just says to "Align the bearing oil hole" . I pussied out and had the machine shop do mine, so sorry, not much help!

Ed

Cam and lifters will be mailed tomorrow....fo' sho'.

well, we were considering having a machine shop do ours . it only cost 20 bucks which isnt to baad of a deal

74fj40 said:
Okay, I got another rebuild question. The second smallest cam bearing has three oil holes in it. but where it goes in the block has one oil hole in it. does this really matter? or is it the wrong bearing?
Doesn't matter for early F engines. Just make sure that one of the bearing holes lines up w/ the oil drilling in the block. Extra holes are for late F and 2F cam/ valvetrain oiling system.

FJ40Jim said:
Doesn't matter for early F engines. Just make sure that one of the bearing holes lines up w/ the oil drilling in the block. Extra holes are for late F and 2F cam/ valvetrain oiling system.

Thanks Jim!

Degnol said:
The FSM just says to "Align the bearing oil hole" . I pussied out and had the machine shop do mine, so sorry, not much help!

Ed

Cam and lifters will be mailed tomorrow....fo' sho'.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom