Calling north Jersey off roaders...

Even though I'm tractionally challenged at the moment I've still got one year of school left so I've been trying to find some places to 'wheel up here. I've been using google maps' satellite photos to scan the area and came up with this in East Hanover:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.843391,-74.373965&spn=0.021544,0.033689&z=2&t=k&hl=en

This is the Troy Meadows Natural Area which you can see on either side of I-280 heading west past the Eisenhower Parkway exit. It looks like there are a lot of trails in there, or they could be ditches I dunno. Anyway, does anyone know the policy for a "Natural Area?" Are they like the wildlife management areas where you can drive on the designated roads? There's also a pretty large right of way for power lines in the area, that could be interesting. Anyone ever been out here? Just curious cause I remember from thread a while back that there were some north Jersey people here.

I am moving there - Sparta to be exact in a couple of months. I'm not sure if I'll sell the cruiser or noth though :whoops: . I'm no help - but I know that there are people up there on this board!

Blue Chip said:
I am moving there - Sparta to be exact in a couple of months. I'm not sure if I'll sell the cruiser or noth though :whoops: . I'm no help - but I know that there are people up there on this board!
Sparta's nice. My girlfriend is from Sussex county, they have plenty of places to wheel out there. Plus they have rocks unlike south Jersey...

Lovey

Oct 2004

I'm not far from Sparta..got a bud who lives on Mohawk..
IF you want to join us next time we wheel hit me up with a PM. Probably gonna get out at least once before CMCC.

Top Bottom