Calling all Snorklers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok.... I have been bustn rear on my 80 for 2 months tearing it apart. I'm down to refreshing the drive lines, the front axle, and the biggest thing of all, The SNORKEL install. I have a huge fear of drilling into the fender in the wrong place even with the template..... Is there anyone that has done this that could give me some pointers. I do not have long skinny arms for the two bolts in the back so is there any tips on that.

Thanks for any help in advance

Ok.... I have been bustn rear on my 80 for 2 months tearing it apart. I'm down to refreshing the drive lines, the front axle, and the biggest thing of all, The SNORKEL install. I have a huge fear of drilling into the fender in the wrong place even with the template..... Is there anyone that has done this that could give me some pointers. I do not have long skinny arms for the two bolts in the back so is there any tips on that.

Thanks for any help in advance

Ohhh And my wife gave me permission to put it on:flipoff2:

Go slow, measure x3, use blue tape and mark well, measure again, drill. You will do fine!
Snorkel Install 002.jpg
Snorkel Install 003.jpg
Snorkel Install 006.jpg

And the finished product.....
Snorkel Install 007.jpg

In case you are working on a 40........
IMG_1527.jpg

Hey Terry,
That's one very clean mustard 40. :) I like it. There are times I wish I had gone with skinnies and left the quarters unmolested.
Happy Trails,
Fu Mann

Hey Terry,
That's one very clean mustard 40. :) I like it. There are times I wish I had gone with skinnies and left the quarters unmolested.
Happy Trails,
Fu Mann

Almost as nice as yours, Trent! Come to Colorado and we will wheel'm together! Terry

Thanks for the pics. Going to do it tomorrow so wish me luck.

You will do fine. I would suggest using some silicone around the holes when you assemble the snorkel to the rig to prevent rust. T

Wheres Phil in all of this?! :hmm:

Last edited:
The girls had heard this 40 was selected to get a snorkel installed at any minute and they flocked in. We had to get the hose on 'em just so they'd back away during the install ! :cool:

attachment.php

Similar to the phenomenon of girls hanging all over a guy that's about to get married. I believe they call that 'pity'.

Similar to the phenomenon of girls hanging all over a guy that's about to get married. I believe they call that 'pity'.

Wow.:lol:

The girls had heard this 40 was selected to get a snorkel installed at any minute and they flocked in. We had to get the hose on 'em just so they'd back away during the install ! :cool:

I believe it is more like; some chicks, if you pay them enough, will sit on anything.:hillbilly:

Did you say ... :eek: anything? :idea:

and to think this thread started so serious (sorry FJFLUNKY)

Who'da thunk it? :meh::lol::hillbilly::hmm::doh::popcorn:

Not bad at all....and gets easier each time I think I have done 4 now and gotten the rear bolts on a few others....Make sure you just go for the big hole hold the drill tight and do NOT stop or let it "walk or jump on you" and you will be good!!

And get the rear bolts with a ratcheting box wrench through the hole that the flex air inlet pipe goes through before installing the flex pipe you can reach your hand out of one of the holes closer to the fire wall and pass nuts and wrenches to yourself...it's really not that hard...then take out the corner light and get the hose clamp tightened down on the flex pipe.

Drilling the large hole tip -
Use a cordless drill with a clutch, set the clutch a couple clicks from drill setting. By using the clutch you will eliminate any chance of the hole saw walking. We frequenly use a 6" hole saw and this method is proven itself to be safe.

Now get ready for the chicks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom