CALL FOR HELP -- 3B Repair/rebuild in south Houston (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

84 BJ60 (turboed). To start, no she made it through Harvey just fine, we were blessed. Early in 2017 she started to sputter on the way home from work, just about to home the 3B (turbo-glide turboed in 2012) was struggling to stay running and then... dead stop and screeching tires. Had my wife come the mile or so and tow me home with the 200--it has sat since. I replaced all glows, checked the fuel pressure/delivery, inline pump, EDIC is fine, had replaced the diaphram about a week ahead of this happening because the RPMs would climb, replaced the prime pump as it was always slowly relieving head in the line to the filter. I tried to turn it over after the glow plugs and prime pump and without much grief she started, but then immediately died. The starter then labored to spin the fly a revolution or two and I did not want to risk anything else.

I just moved to the Pearland, TX area and am without the means to pull and work on the engine any longer. I have scoured the region for someone to tear into the engine and rebuild her if needed. I have received a lot of no call backs, I don't want to do it, "What is that engine?, no". Called Gulf Coast Crawl Shop as well (appeared to have some LC experience/connections) and he is not interested either.

Anyone know of a excellent / reputable shop around the south Houston area (even down to the coast if necessary) that would be up for a 3B pull-out and repair/rebuild?

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, all the other rigs made it through as well--no flooding.

Have you spoken with JoeKatana?
[Owner of Joes Classic Cruisers LLC importer of Diesel parts and Diesel Cruisers]
He is a tremendous resource for Land Cruiser diesels that is in Texas; not just the region.
Good luck with getting your BJ60 running

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom