Calipers question with pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepycruiser

I will get by….I will survive -Touch of Grey LC200
Threads
Looks like I need rotors soon and brakes. How do these calipers look??

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

obviously they are similar in condition to your rotors....
but delving deeper - the piston seals on the calipers appears to be quite deteriorated as well..

i believe most have gone the Napa "trade in" route....
for new / reman calipers - front and rear...

Bf

Thanks. That is what I was planning. So the piston seals will come with new calipers?

I dont see any issues other than you are missing your brake hardware. is there a lip in the rotors? rust isn't a sign of those components being bad.

of course that said here is what it will cost (see the highlighted items):
ca83c125-55d7-400c-b46c-2349cc5ad22e_zpstixyo416.jpg

also note that the napa cost is after core charges are refunded. When I go to get the calipers I will already have the cores in hand.

of course that said here is what it will cost (see the highlighted items):
ca83c125-55d7-400c-b46c-2349cc5ad22e_zpstixyo416.jpg

also note that the napa cost is after core charges are refunded. When I go to get the calipers I will already have the cores in hand.
Dont track wheeling expenses. Thats like a history of crime

Let us know what happens when you try to push the pistons back?
Rotors could be turned if they are decent quality.
Really depends on what you want to spend.
I'd go new pads, rotors and Napa Calipers.
Not that much $$$ and your good for another 100K miles.

I think I am just going to replace pads, rotors and calipers as suggested. I bought it thinking I would be doing that soon anyway. I just wasn't sure about the calipers. Better safe than sorry!!

Dont track wheeling expenses. Thats like a history of crime
I typically don't but I was mapping my year end expenses against what I wanted to accomplish with the rig.

But your right I'm basically building a case against myself............... jesus I have to make sure my significant other never finds this s***. What have I done!

I typically don't but I was mapping my year end expenses against what I wanted to accomplish with the rig.

But your right I'm basically building a case against myself............... jesus I have to make sure my significant other never finds this s***. What have I done!
yeah, like a little black book. just shred/burn all receipts and act confused if they ever ask how much you've spent

Calipers are just a pressure vessel and it is irrelevant how they look from the outside.
Rebuild kits are available for front and rear and are quite cheap and easy to do with a little time spent.
You might want to take this time to replace all the soft lines in the system as well. If the pads/rotors have been neglected, then the same is probably true for the soft lines.
I stay 100% OEM for all brake parts and most other items. Always the right parts, always fits the first time around with no compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom