Caliper got stuck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First the good news. My electrical gremlins went away. My parking/headlights are again going out when the key is removed. Yea.

The bad news. The truck was pulling hard to the right for a couple of days ever since I have had it back on the road after being down while I reworked several things. I checked the fluid and it was filthy. So I decided to take it to the shop hoping I had some air in the line. Long story short, the left caliper was sticking. Both were original on my 185K mile machine and the corrosion was so bad they couldn't be rebuilt.

2 new calipers and new semi-metallic pads. The existing semi metallic pads had 40-50% left, but the pads on the wheel with the sticking caliber were heat damaged. I had 50K miles on them. The manager at the shop was a big fan of the Powerstop Brembo rotors. They didn't need turned. Flushed the brake lines and refilled with DOT 4 fluid. She is stopping nice again $550 later... I could of had my sliders. :mad:

Oh well. Its nice to have my latest round of upgrades. There is time for the sliders, a winch, etcetera later...

Last edited:
They are calipers...fixed it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom