California 62 owners show me your CAT (aftermarket driver side) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So my 62 is in need of cats, as well. I have none :oops:
So I am interested and in need of a set.

When I first moved to Cali my apartment had this sign that the building was made with products known to cause cancer in California. As a transplant to CA, I didn't realize that CA had a stupid law that essentially requires signs to indicate everything causes cancer.

Freaked me out a bit when I first read it. Lots of stupid laws in CA.

The worst part, is I know many transplant Californians that left to get away from this stuff, but then advocate our cities to do a bunch of the same crap they were trying to get away from. Unlike many in WA (and other western states) I don't mind CA transplants (I guess I am one) just don't bring the crap you are trying to get away from with you!

I got the Walker for $130 and it’s all good in the center so deals can be found, I just need some help figuring out the model that fits on the outside left and I’ll spend the next 3+ months looking for a deal online. I passed smog recently so no hurry.

In fact I may have a Walker 80901 if I don’t end up forcing it to fit on the left if anyone with a CA 62 needs it for the center. It’s usually like $260ish. Approved by CA and fits perfectly in the center,

let me know if you get that other walker in there. If you do then I’ll be following suit

963F5C4C-2A6A-4D99-8C29-6616965D5012.jpeg

let me know if you get that other walker in there. If you do then I’ll be following suit

@FozzyBear I’ll keep you updated either way.

I know it CAN fit, especially if you can weld yourself and give it the finessing / slight moding it might need.

But If I find a smaller one for the left and you need both left and center I’ll sell you the walker I have for your center and I’ll let you know what I end up with on the left.

Last edited:
Just updating / closing this thread.

Ended up having a second Walker 80901 installed at a shop. So I have two Walker 80901 both inside and outside frame.

The shop did remove the flanges AND the stock cat bracket which I was pretty bummed about so now the cat bounces a bit more than I would like without the cat support bracket.

If you have welding skills I’m sure it could be done nicely without modifying much and retaining the stock support / flange, it’s just tight, but fits.

When I first moved to Cali my apartment had this sign that the building was made with products known to cause cancer in California. As a transplant to CA, I didn't realize that CA had a stupid law that essentially requires signs to indicate everything causes cancer.

Freaked me out a bit when I first read it. Lots of stupid laws in CA.

The worst part, is I know many transplant Californians that left to get away from this stuff, but then advocate our cities to do a bunch of the same crap they were trying to get away from. Unlike many in WA (and other western states) I don't mind CA transplants (I guess I am one) just don't bring the crap you are trying to get away from with you!
don't see what's wrong (or stupid) with notifying people they can get cancer. odd thing to be upset about.

don't see what's wrong (or stupid) with notifying people they can get cancer. odd thing to be upset about.
First off, I never set I was upset about it, just pointed out it is a stupid law, largely due to overreach. If anything, I was a bit alarmed when I first saw it because I truly thought something was wrong with the apartment I had rented.

A law that points out essentially everything causes cancer, it no longer has any beneficial effect. It puts a burden on every company, with no real benefit. What started as an idea to clean up toxic water from oil spills to make businesses accountable turned into a punchline for CA jokes. Is the entire law stupid? No, it has some good benefits, but it was so poorly drafted, and the effect on businesses is a burden with no material benefit.

Live in a house or apartment? Cancer. Pull in a parking garage? Cancer! Go in an office building, CANCER!! Drink coffee? CANCER!!!! There are so many warnings that do not communicate the actual health risks posed, and people tune out the warning on products that may have a higher risk. Companies choose to put the label rather than go through a time consuming and costly process to prove their products don't cause cancer. Red tape at its best.

I'd understand if it was required for the highest risk products, and I would actually enjoy that, but since it effectively applies to almost everything, it has no material benefit and people ignore the warnings. Government overreach at its best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom