SOLD California 1984 fj60 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
This is California born fj60 that went on vacation in Florida for about 7 years and then returned to California and got parked for about 8 years. The second owner purchased in 99 in California moved to Florida and returned in 2008. Driven til about 2012 and then parked. It is too bad it went to Florida, it would have been a California rust free rig. So it has typical 60 rust. It had a roof rack so the mounting areas suffered ( right rear the worst). Right rear wheel well has some rot( left rear is perfect?) floors are mint, no rot. Rockers are very solid, inner doors are great, no dents or bondo or accidents. Rear tailgate was backed into something( has a hole) Frame is solid, just heavy surface rust, no delamenating or rust through. 230k on what is believed to be the original engine. I have started it briefly and it runs good, but has been sitting for 8 years and needs to be baselined, fuel system cleaned, brake flush etc. I did move it a few feet so clutch operates fine and brakes do work. It is very original, all smog equipment intact( smog pump even spins free!) alternator is the only missing part. It is way too solid to part out but also comes with some challenging rust repair. The carpet was removed due to age And some rodent droppings. It has a little odor but nothing that can’t be removed. The headliner is perfect, no tears or rips. With prices going up, it would make a nice entry price point and investment. Asking $3500 if it doesn’t sell I will eventually get to it( always too many projects) I have a clean Florida title . Vehicle is sold as is. Will help load onto car carrier for shipping.
B26BF12C-DD92-469A-BE1D-C3924DB60BDF.jpeg
03336767-150E-4BD8-A55E-6A6FF67291FE.jpeg
C0B7446C-A902-4B44-BFFA-C9BBA36990BE.jpeg
A4964675-5DF5-4B0B-8939-274F7F6AB0B6.jpeg
EB061506-06BC-4ED3-B4A7-9C0DBD20B226.jpeg

No offense intended, but are you serious with the comment " hard to believe folks are so put off by some rust? "????
Some rust? The entire roof structure is compromised. It would be a VERY significant amount of work/money to correctly repair that damage. I certainly wish you the best of luck in your sale, and I hope you get your asking price......but be realistic with the amount of rust your truck has.

Not sure how you can make that comment when you haven’t seen the truck? It is far from structurally compromised. The original headliner is still in great shape, no tears or water stains. The worst rust is where the roof rack clamps were attached. My point is, you can still drive and enjoy a landcruiser that has rust issues? If you prefer a 25k rust free rig, that’s great, just saying this is an affordable way to have some fun and do some repairs along the way.

This is California born fj60 that went on vacation in Florida for about 7 years and then returned to California and got parked for about 8 years. The second owner purchased in 99 in California moved to Florida and returned in 2008. Driven til about 2012 and then parked. It is too bad it went to Florida, it would have been a California rust free rig. So it has typical 60 rust. It had a roof rack so the mounting areas suffered ( right rear the worst). Right rear wheel well has some rot( left rear is perfect?) floors are mint, no rot. Rockers are very solid, inner doors are great, no dents or bondo or accidents. Rear tailgate was backed into something( has a hole) Frame is solid, just heavy surface rust, no delamenating or rust through. 230k on what is believed to be the original engine. I have started it briefly and it runs good, but has been sitting for 8 years and needs to be baselined, fuel system cleaned, brake flush etc. I did move it a few feet so clutch operates fine and brakes do work. It is very original, all smog equipment intact( smog pump even spins free!) alternator is the only missing part. It is way too solid to part out but also comes with some challenging rust repair. The carpet was removed due to age And some rodent droppings. It has a little odor but nothing that can’t be removed. The headliner is perfect, no tears or rips. With prices going up, it would make a nice entry price point and investment. Asking $3500 if it doesn’t sell I will eventually get to it( always too many projects) I have a clean Florida title . Vehicle is sold as is. Will help load onto car carrier for shipping.View attachment 2343202View attachment 2343203View attachment 2343204View attachment 2343205View attachment 2343206
For some reason it won’t allow to send a message right now.
661-510-2350 call me or text me please thank you.

Sent you a couple of PM’s, wondering if this is still for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom