Calico - January 2023 Club Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All the hi-jacks I could find were nearly taller than me, which seemed kind of excessive, so I'll keep looking for that one.

Don’t worry about a high lift for this run. If you get stuck there will be plenty of other ways to get you going…. You may want to go through Rich’s high lift clinic at the next meeting before deciding if you really want one. If you do not have an air compressor to air up your tires it may be worth picking one up. The Masterflow MF 1050 is a good cheap one ( well, they used to be only around $75…) that does a reasonable job and lasts a long time. I have had one for around twenty years and it still works great.

You may be able to find one cheaper at another vendor. If you don’t get an air compressor in time, don’t worry there will be enough compressors to get you aired up.

Don’t worry about a high lift for this run. If you get stuck there will be plenty of other ways to get you going…. You may want to go through Rich’s high lift clinic at the next meeting before deciding if you really want one. If you do not have an air compressor to air up your tires it may be worth picking one up. The Masterflow MF 1050 is a good cheap one ( well, they used to be only around $75…) that does a reasonable job and lasts a long time. I have had one for around twenty years and it still works great.

You may be able to find one cheaper at another vendor. If you don’t get an air compressor in time, don’t worry there will be enough compressors to get you aired up.
Thank you for the recommendations! I’ll look into buying one of these soon (hopefully before Friday/Saturday).

I'm planning to make this run in my white/black trim LX450. Is there a good place to fuel up near the meeting spot? I probably won't have supplemental fuel cans with me on this trip. - Rob B.

I'm planning to make this run in my white/black trim LX450. Is there a good place to fuel up near the meeting spot? I probably won't have supplemental fuel cans with me on this trip. - Rob B.
There are several gas stations at Ghost Town Road. I ran this last year and didn’t need more than half a tank if I fill up before hitting the trail.

Joe, Chris, looks like its a 95% chance of rain this Saturday and will drop an estimated 0.5" rain in the first half of the day. Is this a rain or shine run? A little rain wont hurt and it'd make for an interesting challenge!

Sounds good! I'll see you guys out there!

There's a Costco Gas Station in Victorville, about 45 miles away; and, Eddie World (huge gas station/store/rest stop) is right off the I-15 at Calico Road.

Joe, Chris, looks like its a 95% chance of rain this Saturday and will drop an estimated 0.5" rain in the first half of the day. Is this a rain or shine run? A little rain wont hurt and it'd make for an interesting challenge!
Latest forecast (8:56 PM on Thursday evening) on the Weather Channel app shows "Cloudy skies. High 58F. Winds SW at 15-25 MPH. 24% chance of rain." for the day; "Cloudy & windy with rain early...then becoming partly cloudy. Low 43F. Winds WSW at 20-30 MPH. Chance of rain 80%." for the night. I concur with with Chris, unless things change, we should be good to go. However, I'd probably prefer to not be in an open roof FJ40 for this run!

Latest forecast (8:56 PM on Thursday evening) on the Weather Channel app shows "Cloudy skies. High 58F. Winds SW at 15-25 MPH. 24% chance of rain." for the day; "Cloudy & windy with rain early...then becoming partly cloudy. Low 43F. Winds WSW at 20-30 MPH. Chance of rain 80%." for the night. I concur with with Chris, unless things change, we should be good to go. However, I'd probably prefer to not be in an open roof FJ40 for this run!
Nothing a home depot tarp and some duct tape cant fix!!

Hm....I'm out due to mud (no pun intended) concerns. a borrego video from yesterday crossed my youtube feed. Lots of mud. 'course Calico and borrego are different...well not that much.

As an aside, I'm attempting to have Ana y my xmas yuma/picacho/palo verde/bradshaw trail published in TT. Hopefully my writing is acceptable :doh:

I think I’m backing out of this one as well. Atm Google says there’s a 40% chance of rain @10am & up to 80% @1pm. Not quite up for that just yet, but definitely looking forward to any upcoming dry & sunny trips!

Yeah, the latest weather forecast is not looking good. But, as Jim Carrey said in Dumb & Dumber, “Wait, so you mean there’s still a chance!” I’m heading out in a few minutes. We’ll see who else shows up…

Yeah, the latest weather forecast is not looking good. But, as Jim Carrey said in Dumb & Dumber, “Wait, so you mean there’s still a chance!” I’m heading out in a few minutes. We’ll see who else shows up…
I'm saddling up now. See you there. -Rob

Hope you all stayed a little dryer than we were in OC.
20230114_150150.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom