Calico Ghost Town Run! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.socallandcruisers.com
Calico Ghost Town - Barstow, CA, January 18-19, (Rating = 2-5)

Scenic day trip or overnight trip on the milder trails around Calico Ghost Town. This run will be suitable for stock vehicles but keep in mind a couple of spots are challenging for stock vehicles but are passable with spotting. The plan for the day trip is to meet on Sunday (Jan. 19) at the intersection of Calico Road and Mule Canyon Road (click here for map) at 8:30 A.M. and head out on the trail at 9:00. A few club members are heading out to Calico on Saturday (Jan. 18) to camp but this could change depending on weather.

If you have any questions or need additional information please contact Chris Heron at cwheron@yahoo.com.

See this link for a trip report and photos from last year's run: Trip Report and Run Photos

Are kids/ wife allowed or man trip?

I would be nice to have you guys join us!

Wives and kids are welcome. There may be a bit of target practice going on at lunch so hopefully all are okay with that...
Marine veteran and family who fully supports the 2A🇺🇸

I might have a buddy with a 4runner, is he ok to come as well?

Chris you have mail

We’re heading out from Mission Viejo about 9:00 tomorrow, having lunch at Peggy Sue’s, and then camping Saturday night. Anyone else planning to camp? PM me before 9:00 AM tomorrow if you want to meet up.

I’ll see the rest of you at the trailhead Sunday morning!

We had a good showing of club members and a fun run. The rigs were all capable so we added a few challenges. See this link for the photos: Calico Run

DSC_0617.JPG
DSC_0405.JPG
DSC_0737.JPG
DSC_0501.JPG
DSC_0465.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like the group had a fun time, but it couldn't have been that much fun because I wasn't there? :cheers:

Looks like the group had a fun time, but it couldn't have been that much fun because I wasn't there? :cheers:
Hahaha - Maybe you can make it to the Cleghorn run next week, so we can have some real fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom