Calico Ghost Town – Barstow, CA, January 24 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great news this morning. Both the wife and I are negative on Covid test results!!!

I finally had a chance to upload the photos to the club website. I didn't have time to sort through them so I just uploaded all...

Calico Run Photos
Thanks for the time you put into this so we can enjoy these memories.

My wife really wants to go out to Calico, she hates anything too rough (she would hate getting to wallstreet). She would love to check mines and anything ghost townish. She would like to go either this sat or next, though I think we have another run coming up. Do any of you more seasoned Calico goers have any maps? Maybe something that might be f250 friendly would be great, or if anyone that didn't go want to do a make-up run? I would ask next Sunday but sat might be our day. Thanks.

Trying checking out the maps/descriptions on All trails for some ideas:

Map of Trails near Newberry Springs, California | AllTrails - https://www.alltrails.com/explore/us/california/newberry-springs?b_tl_lat=35.006799454235576&b_tl_lng=-116.90707604007116&b_br_lat=34.913869582406704&b_br_lng=-116.72527304482698

If your wife would hate Wall Street, then make sure you don't venture into the lower parts of Doran or Odessa Canyons!

If I remember correctly, there are some nice mines to explore at approximately this location:

Mines - Google My Maps - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1cwc9BJFk-n019Y7lIkHYis_s4MAspo2G&usp=sharing

I have not been to that spot in many years so I have no idea of the current status of the mines...

Did anyone record the route that we took? If so, could you share that with me? Wife told me that she wants to go up there on Saturday. Anyone want to go? My wife loves to make foil wrapped meals. Thanks in advance.

Did anyone record the route that we took? If so, could you share that with me? Wife told me that she wants to go up there on Saturday. Anyone want to go? My wife loves to make foil wrapped meals. Thanks in advance.
I recorded it on GAIA GPS. If you have GAIA, I think I can open it up to public viewing.

I recorded it on GAIA GPS. If you have GAIA, I think I can open it up to public viewing.
sweet, I have gaia..well, trying to learn how to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom