Cadet Blue on 80 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need to repaint my 1997 Land Cruiser and considering Cadet Blue. I understand that it isn't an original color on the 80 Series, but it sure looks nice on the 40 Series. I'm having a hard time picturing Cadet Blue on an 80 Series and I'm nervous about making a bad call on the paint? Anyone have pics of Cadet Blue on an 80 Series, or able to create it on PhotoShop, etc? Any thoughts welcome. Thx.

image_5c1a9fed28100_The-FJ-Company-1976-FJ40-230273-Cadet-Blue---Studio_001.jpeg

That's what I originally wanted, but couldn't find anyone with the mix information. Turns out TCP Global had it the entire time. So now I've got a 6H9 Grayish Green 80 instead and everyone loves it. I still think about Cadet Blue every now and then, though...

I think you're going to have a hard time picturing it, because it seems to really shift depending on lighting conditions and camera settings. Every picture of it online looks different!

That's what I originally wanted, but couldn't find anyone with the mix information. Turns out TCP Global had it the entire time. So now I've got a 6H9 Grayish Green 80 instead and everyone loves it. I still think about Cadet Blue every now and then, though...

I think you're going to have a hard time picturing it, because it seems to really shift depending on lighting conditions and camera settings. Every picture of it online looks different!
Thanks for the TCP paint code info. I should have mentioned that I'm looking for a paint code that Maaco can use. I'm going with Maaco because they've the only folks in the Phoenix-area willing to clean-up bumps/bruises, remove fender flares, bumpers, and mirrors and paint the whole vehicle for $4K or so. The other paint shops I've tried start at $12K (I only paid $12K for the vehicle!). Any help with a code Maaco can use or other reasonable body shops in the Phoenix-area would be appreciated.

Another close Toyota color is Calvary Blue. They used it on the FJC.

Thanks for the TCP paint code info. I should have mentioned that I'm looking for a paint code that Maaco can use.
Can you supply your own paint to Maaco? If not, you might be out of luck since so few people seem to have any information on it.

Also, I've seen a few threads in the 40 section that mention a PPG commercial paint that's really close to Cadet Blue.

In my mind’s eye, I’m not sure Casey blue would work on an 80. I think it looks great with the lines of a classic 40 series, no question. I think the 80’s body lines are too soft for a color like that BUT wth do I know? It might look great.

@gummycarbs 6H9 is a wonderful color. Do you have a thread showing off your 80? I’m on mobile, at an airport, getting drunk in the sky lounge. Don’t hate because my search is drunkenly weak tonight.

@gummycarbs 6H9 is a wonderful color. Do you have a thread showing off your 80?
Nope. I didn't want to attract the riffraff. :D

I think it was @scrapdaddy's 55-series that turned me on to 6H9. I saw it and immediately liked it.

I still think 6H9 is the perfect pairing with a brown interior, and Cadet Blue is perfect for a bluish gray interior. I have a bluish gray interior. :( I think I'll survive, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom