Cad plated parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kiwidog

Kiwidog
Threads
Part of the restoration of the "78 required that the bolts and small parts needed re-plating.
The '78 was just about complete and hadn't been molested so pretty all the pieces where there. It amazing how many small parts there are. Took the whole vehicle apart and made a few notes to help with reassemble.
Took the parts to the plater on Friday and got a call the following Wednesday they where finished.
I was concerned about them losing a small critical piece. It appears we have everything.
Bipin and Jim at Wespen Industries in Calgary Alberta couldn't have been more helpful and easy to work with.
So if you need your parts re-plated give them a call. (403) 279 6254.
No affiliation just a happy customer.

Thanks jb
Cad parts.jpg

wow you got.. the ubolts and transfercase cone, headlight buckets...done as well
thats awesome...

how much $$ for all that? wonder if its worth shipping stuff up there... did they strip everything clean too or did you send all that stuff already blasted/cleaned?

wow thats great. Did they add that too a batch of other orders or do they plate orders as they come? did you clean/sandblast all of it first or did they? and what did it run you?

Looks Great. , post pictures as you add it back to your truck!!!!!!1

Parts

Didn't have to clean anything.
The process involves cleaning with acid , so Jim asked me specifically not to clean anything. Did pressure wash most of the heavy crude off before disassemble, however that was it.
Some of the parts show some pitting from rust, most of it looks like it is new material. Wespen does lots of stuff for the oil industry so you know the quality is there.
The price, you will have to discuss that with Jim or Bipin.
Lets just say it wasn't cheap, but one hell of a lot easier than trying to collect all the parts new. When you have a complete vehicle with all the small parts, it certainly makes it easier, which ultimately is cheaper if you take your time into consideration. The color match is pretty close to the original parts.

Thanks jb

looks like cad to me, zinc is more yellow than gold

there is a NEW zinc out there that is closer in color, OSHA is driving the CAD companies out of business. only one left here in AZ is Aeronautics involved, which = MAJOR $'s

LAME:meh:

looks like cad to me, zinc is more yellow than gold

That all depends on how long the parts are left in the chromate solution. You can make zinc parts very gold by leaving them in solution longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom