CAD files for 3410100 ARB front bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gimme a 60

I Forgot About the Women!
SILVER Star
Threads
Hello landcruisers! In my high school metal work class we have a CNC. I would like to get rid of my *hitty bilt bumper and get a nice ARB Bumper on my 62 series. Mainly so I can mount my Ramsey 12,000 ( it’s way too heavy for the smittybilt) I can’t afford much so I’m wondering if you guys know a good/safe website for me to buy CAD files for our CNC so I can plasma cut the 3410100 bull bar bumper?

Hello landcruisers! In my high school metal work class we have a CNC. I would like to get rid of my *hitty bilt bumper and get a nice ARB Bumper on my 62 series. Mainly so I can mount my Ramsey 12,000 ( it’s way too heavy for the smittybilt) I can’t afford much so I’m wondering if you guys know a good/safe website for me to buy CAD files for our CNC so I can plasma cut the 3410100 bull bar bumper?
If you have access to a CAD or 3D modeling program you should just draw up your own bumper. Then its 100% your own and no need to reverse engineer or steal someone's design.

When you say you have a CNC what are you referring to? Lots of CNC machines out there but you'll need access to a laser, plasma, or waterjet to cut out the sheet pieces. then either a welder or welder/press brake to form and connect all the pieces.

If you have access to a CAD or 3D modeling program you should just draw up your own bumper. Then its 100% your own and no need to reverse engineer or steal someone's design.

When you say you have a CNC what are you referring to? Lots of CNC machines out there but you'll need access to a laser, plasma, or waterjet to cut out the sheet pieces. then either a welder or welder/press brake to form and connect all the pieces.

This is a senior metal work class. We have access to all of the tools/machine we desire. The CNC is a plasma cutter, and I’m not into the idea of spending a lot of time on a computer designing a copy of a ARB bumper. So I figured if there was a pre existing one that I could download that would be great and easy. I don’t see why anyone would not do that!

It’s not just plate, it’s bent and
Easy project…….

I was gonna post that!

This is completely applicable as well.

This is a senior metal work class. We have access to all of the tools/machine we desire. The CNC is a plasma cutter, and I’m not into the idea of spending a lot of time on a computer designing a copy of a ARB bumper. So I figured if there was a pre existing one that I could download that would be great and easy. I don’t see why anyone would not do that!
I think you could draw one up on a sketch pad pretty quickly.

Bottom line, nobody has digitized one. It’s not right to copy it, on moral grounds and also the fact that it will only be a cosmetic representation of it with none of the same engineering and testing.

Design your own, make it impressive for more than just the reason of appearance.

Done my fair share of r&d fab work, CNC and conventional, and I’m confident in saying that a one off bumper whether it is a arb clone or totally new design is going to be produced faster and with less headaches without CNC equipment. Lots of cardboard for templates and beer, then cut , weld, and bend each piece to your liking. Don’t forget about the grinding!

Then when your bumper starts flying off the shelf it’s so bad ass, pull in the CNC equipment and start pumping them out!

Yeah!! most Folk don’t realize the time and numerous do overs it takes to make a CAD design produce a good part.
I purchased a Runell bumper back in the day 95/96 ish a buddy of mine couldn't afford one and asked if he could make templates off mine i said sure so he did. I no way was it anywhere near as nice as mine looked kinda similar to mine . I still have the bumper to this day on my sas 91 4runner its a beast of a bumper talking running over and through trees not big ass trees still straight never bent I doubt his bumper would do the same. Witch im sure would be the same senereo with Op's bumper not talking smack here just saying a cad drawing isn't the only thing that makes the bumper. I do think I have read some threads here on people building knock off Arb style bumpers for them selves witch i think is ok but giving out CAD drawings or asking for them better be wearing your hip waders s*** storm gonna get deep. Lol

Since you are in high school, I will factor in that you are young and don't have as much time spent figuring out how the world works as some of us old farts do. And I will definitely keep in mind the ****ed up attitudes and ideas that you have been bombarded with in what passes for society these days.
That said:

Why would you expect that any company, or any person would put the time effort and expense into paying the salaries of engineers, mechanics, "designers" welders and who knows how many other technicians to design something like an ARB bumper just to then give the result of that time effort and expense away for free? Beyond merely designing these bumpers, they have not just prototyped them, they have produced then for years, refining and improving them, addressing any flaws that may have been discovered in the production or performance of the bumpers over the years. Something like an ARB bumper represents a lot more than just the steel and labor to assemble it.

This is a rather significant investment. No one simply gives that sort of investment away for nothing. ARB most certainly does not put their files out on the internet for joe sixpack to try to copy. Hell, in today's world, I am sure that if they did, some dirtbag would throw some s*** together and then sue ARB when "their design was unsafe" and it failed and "done kilt ma kids!" I figure it would be about 5 days before some ambulance chasing lawyer was knocking at their door.

I won't fault you, or anyone else who wants to copy their design. When Ugg watched Grunt pick up a stick to hit Snort and take his food, he saw a good idea and copied it. It is how the world works. You might even do better. It is certainly possible. But it just ain't quite that simple once you move beyond cavemen and sticks ad there ain't no way that ARB is gonna give away proprietary designs for free.

Mark...

Since you are in high school, I will factor in that you are young and don't have as much time spent figuring out how the world works as some of us old farts do. And I will definitely keep in mind the f***ed up attitudes and ideas that you have been bombarded with in what passes for society these days.
That said:

Why would you expect that any company, or any person would put the time effort and expense into paying the salaries of engineers, mechanics, "designers" welders and who knows how my other technicians to design something like an ARB bumper just to then give the result of that time effort and expense away for free? Beyond merely designing these bumpers, they have not just prototyped them, they have produced then for years, refining and improving them, addressing any flaws that may have been discovered in the production or performance of the bumpers over the years. Something like an ARB bumper represents a lot more than just the steel and labor to assemble it.

This is a rather significant investment. No one simply gives that sort of investment away for nothing. ARB most certainly does not put their files out on the internet for joe sixpack to try to copy. Hell, in today's world, I am sure that if they did, some dirtbag would throw some s*** together and then sue ARB when "their design was unsafe" and it failed and "done kilt ma kids!" I figure it would be about 5 days before some ambulance chasing lawyer was knocking at their door.

I won't fault you, or anyone else who wants to copy their design. When Ugg watched Grunt pick up a stick to hit Snort and take his food, he saw a good idea and copied it. It is how the world works. You might even do better. It is certainly possible. But it just ain't quite that simple once you move beyond cavemen and sticks ad there ain't no way that ARB is gonna give away proprietary designs for free.

Mark...
Well said Mark I think if tryed saying or typing wjat you said I would have came off like A total a******...... kids these days everything is free or its on YouTube

you wont find anyone giving out files like that, If you do they probably aren't that good. I spend alot of time making my files from scratch and it really grinds my gears when somebody wants a handout of my design. Nobody gets my files but me, I dont know or trust anyone on the internet to not redistribute my files and to not rip off my designs.

When I was in highschool a group of guys made a bumper for the teachers truck. It was really heavy and really bulky. you cant just pick a metal off the shelf that looks "good enough" you have to do alot of calculations to get a good looking, not overbearing bumper. Its not a cut and glue project.... unless you buy from 4plusproducts.
If you want to do it right then I hope your comfortable in Statics, Trig, dynamics, And material mechanics. Im not trying to discourage you but maybe modifying your original bumper may be a better starting point. Improve what you have already. Start with a good base and build off of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom