Cabin filter to filter out diesel fumes? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone come across a cabin filter that will be efficient for filtering out fumes from chipped diesel trucks? Unfortunately half our city drives such crap, spewing black smoke everywhere, and my interior becomes unbearable in five-ten seconds behind one of these, even if I'm three-four cars back. I'm getting to the point where I turn and take parallel roads just to escape the fumes.

So far I've been using OEM filters, but they don't seem to be up to the challenge here. Any better options available?

Rack mounted rocket launcher? Or just keep a box of fragmentation grenades on the 2nd row floorboard. Works great on rolling seismic subwoofers.

Rack mounted rocket launcher? Or just keep a box of fragmentation grenades on the 2nd row floorboard. Works great on rolling seismic subwoofers.
You have no idea how much I'd like to realize those suggestions, but alas, the local Karen assembly would frown upon the idea.

Interested in options/better filters.

In the mean time I use recirculation almost 100% of the time as smell or not, whatever comes from cars cannot be healthy.

Interested in options/better filters.

In the mean time I use recirculation almost 100% of the time as smell or not, whatever comes from cars cannot be healthy.
It's winter here, so using recirculation results in windows fogging up.

That is the charcoal element for cabin filter. Oem version as you can buy many aftermarket versions. Run it when you get behind them run it I recirc with the setting that is the highest filtration setting.
It is a specific setting that is outlined in the manual but I don’t have that in front of me. It uses higher filtration I believe but is only for a limited time and reverts to basic recirc when done.

Good luck

John

I’ve used Wix Carbon with good luck. They are only $14 on Amazon

WIX Filters - 24511 Cabin Air Panel​

I've run the activated charcoal ones from amazon for years. They're much better than the stock filters.

I live in Texas, the land of modded diesels, recirc is your only truly effective option.

I've run the activated charcoal ones from amazon for years. They're much better than the stock filters.

Do you have a part number?

EPAuto CP285 (CF10285) Premium... Amazon product ASIN B014TYRQUY
But someone here shared one that is supposed to be even better. I don't have that number handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom