Cabin Fever Run 4/25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Better jump on it quick. There were only 3 open spots as of last night's meeting. :cool:

What about coming out to watch, and see what it is all about.

What about coming out to watch, and see what it is all about.

That would be fairly difficult. Everyone meets at the Lyons in the morning and then break out into areas to stage for 5 different runs that range from mild to wild. One trail is about 10 miles away, several others go up from behind Pinehurst. Several of the trails will still be 4-6' in snow and the Latour Ck trail will likely be muddy as hell. Around 5, everyone meets back at the Lyons for a dinner catered by the Snake Pit BBQ, followed by the raffle.

I'm going to pre-run the Highland trail on the 18th with our trail leader. I may have room then if you want to jump in with me :hmm:, but my wife and kids are coming to the actual run this year.

Sounds like a great time, I would not be able to run in it this year anyways, my rig is not done, just wanted to watch and see how the trails are like, I have a bad back as well and can't do the wheeling like I did in the day! but like the action still the same. May be I can get involved next year a little earlier and help some were, this year is a busy one for me-Full time student, Scout Master...working on the FJ...next year I will have more time.

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like a great time, I would not be able to run in it this year anyways, my rig is not done, just wanted to watch and see how the trails are like, I have a bad back as well and can't do the wheeling like I did in the day! but like the action still the same. May be I can get involved next year a little earlier and help some were, this year is a busy one for me-Full time student, Scout Master...working on the FJ...next year I will have more time.

Thanks for the info!

If you want to go with me on the 18th for the pre-run, just let me know. We meet at the Tesoro off Sherman exit at 0900, usually, or I could pick you up on the way through. I'll be trailering my '40 over to Pinehurst.

Can't make it I have another commitment, thanks for the invite!

Hopefully next time, then!

Anyone else want to ride along?

Hey Chad, I'll be going. I picked up my ticket a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to the run.

Brittain

Nice, Brittain! I'll be on the Highland run as one of the mid-gunners.

Kiffer, we'll have to wait a bit to know for sure. I may have an empty seat, but not sure. Since I was on this thread last, I've had two guys tentatively plan to ride along. I'll keep you posted. We'll be meeting at the Tesoro at the Sherman exit at 0900, though, if you want to keep it penciled in.

It was a good day for a pre-run! Wish you would have came along, Kiffer, although my 4 yo son and I had a great time! We had 3 j33ps (a CJ5, CJ7, and an XJ 4-door Rubicon) and me in our bunch. All the rigs made it through without any breakage, although we all acquired some new pinstriping.

This year, we're running a different segment of the trail, because the event is two weeks later. We started with a mean hill climb that ended at an old lookout site. Last year there was still 4' of snow on this climb so we didn't attempt it. Then we played in the snow some and did a starfish puckering drop of about 12' or so, played on another snow covered ridge and finally drove out. The snowy parts were very challenging, especially after the sun came out.

Minimum requirements on our trail are 35" tires and 1 locker. 2 lockers are recommended, as is a winch.
111!
I was so proud of my son, he never got scared once (although he was asleep for the big drop). He's a worthy co-pilot!!!

Last edited:
Chad, sounds like you had a great time! I am looking forward to this weekend. What run would you suggest for me since I am only rolling on 33s with 2 lockers and a winch? I doubt I'll have the powersteering in by Friday night so it will be armstrong steering for this trip.

Brittain

Chad, sounds like you had a great time! I am looking forward to this weekend. What run would you suggest for me since I am only rolling on 33s with 2 lockers and a winch? I doubt I'll have the powersteering in by Friday night so it will be armstrong steering for this trip.

Brittain

1) How experienced are you and
2) are you running beadlocks, Brittain?

Not knowing that, I think you'll probably be good to go on either Dave's Detour (Latour Ck) or Highland Ck/Ponder point with your setup. Both have some challenging obstacles.

When you arrive to sign in, there's pictures, descriptions, andvehicle requirements for each trail. :cheers:

Last edited:
I really would like to get my Pig up to par so I could go on these types of trips. It needs a lot of work/time and a lot of money.

Get'er done!!! When we go on these runs, it's a great opportunity to learn more about your rig, your capabilities, your rig's capabilities, where your shortfalls are, and prioritize your mods.

You might be happily surprised to find out what your piggie will do now, or to discover that you're happy with the gearing, but need to lift 4" or so. It's hard to say. :cheers:

Chad,
How important is it to have a working parking brake for this outing? Apparently mine isn't working at all right now. I haven't used one in the past while wheeling, but if it's required I'll probably just throw a line lock in for the weekend.

Chad,
How important is it to have a working parking brake for this outing? Apparently mine isn't working at all right now. I haven't used one in the past while wheeling, but if it's required I'll probably just throw a line lock in for the weekend.

I'm pretty sure there's not a requirement for a parking brake......this isn't a TLCA sponsored event. Almost everywhere I've been during Cabin Fever just requires the rig to be left in gear when you shut it down. NBFD. I have a line lock in my '40 and didn't use it at all last weekend...........and I went some places I wouldn't have done by myself. OTOH, I know I have killer brakes, I just put in new rotors, new pads, and a new caliper. My junk is tight. :cheers:

On another note, the trail leader and the mid/rear gunners are there to help folks who break s***, have questions, get stuck, etc. I know every trail leader and mid/rear gunner personally and each and every one of them is a nice guy/gal who is more that willing to help, that's why we're selected as gunners. I'd be glad to have you on Highland Ck/Ponder Pt, either right in front or behind me. No worries. We'll get you thru. :cheers:

Last edited:
I am not worried about my brakes, just finished the rear disks and the front pads and rotors are new. I am looking forward to this run, it's been almost a year since I have gotten to do any wheeling. I think I am going to drive up Friday night so I don't have to try and leave Spokane around 5 in the morning. Looks like the gf will be coming with me, her first time wheeling! She is refusing to drive, but I think I might be able to get her to for a little bit.

Poor Piggy doesn't currently run :( 350 is setting there, SM465/NP205 C-clamped in, I need a bunch of crap for it to run. I have a list and it is long!!

Get'er done!!! When we go on these runs, it's a great opportunity to learn more about your rig, your capabilities, your rig's capabilities, where your shortfalls are, and prioritize your mods.

You might be happily surprised to find out what your piggie will do now, or to discover that you're happy with the gearing, but need to lift 4" or so. It's hard to say. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom