Cabin Airfilter on a 98? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

do the 98's have them? Most of the people in this tread had 99s or newer LCs.

Clever. Well, there's one easy way to find out if you have them. If they're there, replace with new. If not, install new.

(LX have them, older LC don't)

So, if it doesn't have a filter there still is a place to put one? I couldn't find a pic on that thread of where and what it would look like. Do you have one?

All LX and LC have the space for them. Here's a picture from thread I linked. You put one in where he's putting one, it drops down and the 2nd one goes in one top of it.
Step_5.jpg

My 98 has the spot for the cabin filters, but did not come with them, so I installed a set.

sweet. thanks. I noticed when I turned on my A/C on recirc, it blows huge chucks of dust. I imagine I'll need to vacuum it out

You really need to look at behind the glove box to see if you have the little door that opens to insert them. I recall seeing a picture on here once of some that don't have the opening. In that case, I believe you can cut the housing and make the door for the filters, as the housing is the same design otherwise.

My '00 had the door, but no filters, so I just bought a set and dropped them in. Do they do anything in particular? I can't tell, but I definitely don't have leaves blowing at me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom