Cabela's Overland Car meet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ChaserFJ60

Owner of CruiserHead.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiserhead.com
Hey everyone, I work at the Cabela's in Allen Tx and recently I obtained permission to host a get together in the parking lot. Its not a landcruiser specific meet, but I figured more people would come if they saw some real 4x4's in the parking lot!

This meet will be held Sunday on January 20, 2019, starting at 5:30pm at the Cabelas in Allen Tx.

The official meetup link is here, and all updates will be listed here first. You can check in that your showing up at this link which would really benifit me. If you dont have a facebook page just make a post letting me know your coming!
Cabela's Overland Car Meet

Thanks!

Last edited:
No Facebook for me either, but I'm going to try to be there.

So will this be more geared towards heavily modified rigs? My truck is stock and not really set up as an Overlander or even set up well for off road use other than what Mr. T provided. Just wondering if it would be out of place at this event or if it even matters.

This isn't my gig, but it sounds like the more the merrier. I know I'd be stoked to look at a stock Cruiser. I'm planning on making it, although it's predicted to be cold AF on Sunday and I will likely puss out if that's the case.

Dont worry if your rigs stock. Landcruisers come from the factory overland ready:smokin:

So will this be more geared towards heavily modified rigs? My truck is stock and not really set up as an Overlander or even set up well for off road use other than what Mr. T provided. Just wondering if it would be out of place at this event or if it even matters.

I'm stock too, but I'd rather look at a stock classic Land Cruiser than a modified newer vehicle. Those are everywhere.

So as luck would have it my starter decided to give up the ghost today. Not sure I am gonna make it now, at least with anything to offer. Might try and check out some of the other cool rigs but I think mine is out.

So as luck would have it my starter decided to give up the ghost today. Not sure I am gonna make it now, at least with anything to offer. Might try and check out some of the other cool rigs but I think mine is out.
Where are you located, i have a spare starter

Man you are kidding. Sweet. Up in Plano. Almost in Frisco near 121. I am working on sourcing a new unit but If you would be willing to let me borrow it for a bit I can give it back once I get the new unit in. I should warn you though, been having some issues starting the truck lately....most likely the cause of the starter failure in the first place. I would be concerned about damaging your starter while I had it.

Man you are kidding. Sweet. Up in Plano. Almost in Frisco near 121. I am working on sourcing a new unit but If you would be willing to let me borrow it for a bit I can give it back once I get the new unit in. I should warn you though, been having some issues starting the truck lately....most likely the cause of the starter failure in the first place. I would be concerned about damaging your starter while I had it.
Starter failure can be due to a bad ground, it makes it short out or somthing like that. Dont worry i have a lifetime warranty one from oriellys!

Yeah I have a new cable set I am going to be putting on the truck, but have not had time to do it. Was originally purchased to chase any bad grounding issues. Looks like this weekend is as good a time as any.

Hey to all the cruisers that are coming out. If your able too, try to come out at 5 or 5:15pm so we can start a cruiser section in the parkinglot. Im going to be there at 4:30ish to plan everything out with my event staff

Is this going to be a regular meet-up?

Yeah theres another one next month, im still working out the details 5:30pm febuary 17th

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom