CA Smog Test History Website (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markkuz.com
I was just forwarded a link to a CA Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau Of Automotive Repair. And basically you can get the smog history of any vehicle by typing in just a license plate or a VIN number.

From the site
**Note: "Display of both the VIN and plate number has been removed due to privacy concerns. Therefore, this information will not be reported back in the 'Vehicle Test History Report'. You may continue to look up a vehicle's test history using either the VIN or the plate number. However, the Bureau recommends using the VIN to obtain the most accurate results as a vehicle's plate number may change."

Here is the site: http://www.bar.ca.gov/pubwebquery/Vehicle/PubTstQry.aspx

Mine passed every time: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2009. Guess that means I can expect to have to do it again this year. Better get this P0401 code cleared AGAIN!

Nice, thanks Mark.

I was just forwarded a link to a CA Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau Of Automotive Repair. And basically you can get the smog history of any vehicle by typing in just a license plate or a VIN number.

From the site
**Note: "Display of both the VIN and plate number has been removed due to privacy concerns. Therefore, this information will not be reported back in the 'Vehicle Test History Report'. You may continue to look up a vehicle's test history using either the VIN or the plate number. However, the Bureau recommends using the VIN to obtain the most accurate results as a vehicle's plate number may change."

Here is the site: http://www.bar.ca.gov/pubwebquery/Vehicle/PubTstQry.aspx

Mine passed every time: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2009. Guess that means I can expect to have to do it again this year. Better get this P0401 code cleared AGAIN!

Oh and it works if you have transfered the plate to different vehicles kind of. My co-worker has transfered his personal plate from five different vehicles and it captured three of the five dating back to an 89 Firebird that was smogged in 96.

great... how long before the results of our physicals are on the web too...?

THANKS!

Site has my record going back to 1996. Failed in '98 when the O2 sensor wire got buggered up and again in 2010 when I was fighting the engine misfire.

Interesting that the site says I'm not on the test only directed program and that's where I've had to go ever since the first fail in '98 - a test only station.

Eric - your physicals are on the web - you just can't get to them yourself yet! ;) Besides, who would be interested in your colonoscopy results anyway. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom