SOLD CA: 2008 Toyota LC overland built (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series
Due to the very infrequent road trips I decided to sell this turnkey, fully built and properly maintained overland rig.

$35,500

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser, 190K miles
VIN JTMHY05J785002808

The car spent most of it’s life in Mississippi and it was maintained and lightly built by the crew at 49Tires (@wct49)

I bought this LC in Dec 2017 with 165k miles and since then I’ve continued to built it and done all the preventive maintenance possible to ensure I build a rig that would safely and comfortably take me to remote places when I travel solo or in a group.

The built:
  • ARB front bumper color matched to the body
  • RLC rear bumper with jerrycan carrier (shown in one of the Death Valley images- only installed it once for that trip) - color matched to the body
  • White Knuckle sliders with the diamond plate option
  • Ironman Cellfoam Pro front and rear. Front ones have less than 5k miles and I had I had them installed this year
  • SPC upper control arms installed this year
  • Smitthybilt X2O 12,000 lbs winch with remote (I never had to use it to recover my rig but it came in handy to rescue others twice)
  • TJM Offroad recovery gear kit
  • ARB drawers (one of them slides) and side wings
  • ARB 50L fridge with jacket
  • ARB onboard compressor
  • 5 new, purchased this year 33” Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires with warranty and lifetime balance (the spare is brand new, the tires have ~5K miles)
  • Kenwood 710G dual band ham radio with APRS (your family can monitor your travel and you can send some messages). The remote head of the radio is attached to the seat mount - no holes in the dashboard. The unit is in the back under the drawer’s wing. This also works in relay mode so you can use a handheld ham for a hike and connect to the Kenwood and take advantage of the 50W power to reach a repeater
  • Ram Mounts wedge tablet holder (fits 10” iPads) for easier navigation without drilling in the dashboard (call it a pet peeve of mine)
  • Full LEDs interior lights
  • Tinted all-around
  • Bright headlights
  • Blue Ridge attic for jackets and blankets
  • Audiovox rear-view mirror - records continuously front and back
  • Xped MegaMat 10 (purchased this year from REI and used once) so you could fly-in, drive&camp wherever you want. The mat fits perfectly over the drawers and one person will sleep like a king.
  • New cryo-treated rotors and brake pads (installed last year)
  • New group 31 battery
  • Green trasharoo
Preventive maintenance list - all OEM parts:
  • New radiator
  • New water pump
  • All new belts
  • New charcoal canister
  • New PCV valve
  • New starter
  • All fluids replaced including front and rear diff, transfer case, transmission flush (at Toyota), steering wheel fluid, brake fluid

The KDSS valves are clean and work. The passenger seat belt recall was done earlier this year.
The car was recently professionally detailed.

The less than perfect - this car was not a garage queen:
  • some rock chips on the front of the car mostly
  • the windshield has a couple of small rock chips
  • no rust but the frame has some oxidation
  • The rims have some scratches
  • The parking sensors don’t work
The 3rd row seat was removed to make room for the drawers but it’s available if you want it. I’m not looking to part out anything on this truck.
DSC_4849.jpg
DSC_4721.jpg
DSC_4823.jpg
DSC_4889.jpg
DSC_4908.jpg

Last edited:
more images
DSC_4712.jpg
DSC_4758.jpg
DSC_4701.jpg
DSC_4779.jpg
DSC_4807.jpg

interior
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg
IMG_0212.jpg
IMG_0219.jpg
IMG_0249.JPG

frame
IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0194.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg

last ones
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg
Death valley1-002.jpg
Death valley1-067.jpg
Death valley1-064.jpg

That truck is gorgeous. The color matched bumpers look damn sharp on a silver 200. Good luck with the sale and excellent FS ad by the way; the photos are top notch.

Remodel house, finish school, or get a 200 series.... Hmmm....

I can vouch for this 200. George bought my old
Montero and we wheeled in that a few times until he bought this 200 and continued to build it.

I have been on several adventures in this 200 to Death Valley, deserts and mountains. It drives and rides fantastic and is well sorted. I have driven it quite a bit on the trips we went on and now have my own 200 because I liked it so much. He is making a mistake selling it in my opinion but the buyer will get a great rig.
Eric

Thank you Eric, I’m sure I’ll miss it, who knows maybe I’ll keep it and we do another DV next year :)

I forgot to add in image with the drawers
DSC_4922.jpg

Nice truck!

Thank you @aaronrules, it was a pleasure to build it and to take it on a few trips, especially to 200LCDC. I’ll miss it for sure.

I used to have a Montero, my first offroad rig, learned a lot, met good people including the ADD guys. This was my car

Oh yeah, I remember that rig - great build! I'm in a similar spot, want more power than the Montero can offer and am looking at a 200 as a possible replacement for my Gen3. I'll keep an eye on your ad as I'm still in the research phase but GLWS.

Thank you @chrisratz, it was a pleasure to build it

Maybe just an odd angle, but noticing the rear bumper looks like it's sagging relative to the rear quarter panels. Did it get pushed down by something?

I'll field this one @GeorgeN - the rear of the 200 series frame drops / slopes downward. The bumper when designed was allowed the clearance to follow said slope or one can adjust it level via the side wing brackets. It was done that way so that if the installer miscalculated cutting the plastics during install there is some wiggle room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom