CA: 1994 Land Cruiser Locked BAD EXPERIENCE with seller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just providing an FYI. I won the auction on this 80. Dealing with this seller: studentlbcc has been nothing but frustrating. Poor answers to questions about the vehicle, poor communication post sale. The PayPal deposit goes to a female, but the person I’m dealing with is a male. I can’t get him to provide identification so I can verify who I’m dealing with, and I can’t get him to show me the title so I can verify who actually owns the truck. I proposed a sale through escrow, and gave him the option to pick an escrow company. At first I was just going to have it shipped to my home unseen, but when this all started happening, I booked a flight to go see the truck in person. I emailed the guy about my plans including meeting at a bank, and he never responded until I threatened to put the purchase on hold. I was supposed to be on a plane to California today, but this whole thing is too sketchy, and have decided not to purchase this 80. Here is the VIN: JT3DJ81W4R0075964 just in case you see it up for auction again. The interior is nice, the exterior is fair (multiple scratches, accident history on CARFAX), mechanical history is a little shady, and SELLER is difficult to deal with...

51A78045-CD85-4677-AB04-C465D30056AF.jpeg

Pulling out of the deal sounds like a good call to me...

I have heard too many horror stories with ebay. I wouldn't buy anything that I haven't seen in person, or seen TONS of pics and have talked at length with the owner about it.

ebay needs to do more to weed these people out!

IMHO :)

But when someone has Paranoid Personality Disorder (PPD), believe me, and star spreading their own's thougths all over the net.....!!!!
trying to convince people they Right?

land cruiser owner tittle confirmation.jpg

20190513_124420.jpg

20190514_134227.jpg

😂 You’re putting all this information out now? Comical. Could I possibly be learning that your first name might be Eric for the first time? Had you provided me the information regarding the background on your 80, and provided me the information that I required to verify your identity, and the ownership of the vehicles, I’d be in California right now, and you would have $16k in your hands. If you want to go on, please show our board friends all the responses to my inquiries and n this 80. Good luck selling!

Still can’t read the title!

Oh forgive me for the Eric, it’s probably Epic for all I know.

I was the second highest bid on this unicorn. Ebay sent me a "second chance offer" on this rig with a "buy it now" price of $16k and some change They gave me 24 hours to respond. I emailed studentbcc to confirm if this was legit. Arranged transportation to the East Coast in the mean time but never heard back. F' that seller.

OP is spot on with backing out of that situation.

Step 1 and 2 of the process is to exchange IDs and for the seller to send a copy of the Title.
If there are unreasonable delays. Or seller's story doesn't check out... WALK

This ain't rocket surgery.

If you're met with games, tell them to F off.

That's pretty funny my mate was bidding on it as well and the seller would not send him any real info or pictures etc asked for and he decided it was way to sketchy and if they guy was genuine why on earth wouldn't he send a picture of simple things like the door tag to confirm diff and auto model etc.

So that makes AT LEAST 3 guys who were all willing to pay and buy the truck who the seller has failed to communicate with or provide viable proof he owns it ... dude is wacked or dodgy

It has Zero service history on CarFax and doesn't do many miles

CarFax1.PNG

The owner's location is Yucaipa; the car is photographed above in Claremont; odd, since there are closer Toyota dealerships to Yucaipa than Claremont; the car has bounced around a number of So Cal cities. Looks like a teaser ad, with 99 bids and six days to go. The ultra low price brings in lots of potential buyers, many from out-of-state, who trip over themselves to get a "bargain." Beware.

Too bad you guys live too far away to go inspect first-hand--only way to buy a car safely. Good luck.

I was the second highest bid on this unicorn. Ebay sent me a "second chance offer" on this rig with a "buy it now" price of $16k and some change They gave me 24 hours to respond. I emailed studentbcc to confirm if this was legit. Arranged transportation to the East Coast in the mean time but never heard back. F' that seller.

When was this? I let him know yesterday around 5 pm EDT that I was bailing. And dammit dude, you got me up to $16k. 😂

OP is spot on with backing out of that situation.

Step 1 and 2 of the process is to exchange IDs and for the seller to send a copy of the Title.

This right here! I don’t see why the guy refused to show me these things. Goes a long way towards establishing legitimacy and confidence in the transaction. I’m trying to get through this deal in good faith, and the guy tells me I have car buying all wrong...

AAMC, the "second chance" ebay email was sent on Saturday the 11th. I couldnt get past your auto-bids on ebay so it's apparent you would have paid more than $16k. Just sayin'. Lol

AAMC, the "second chance" ebay email was sent on Saturday the 11th. I couldnt get past your auto-bids on ebay so it's apparent you would have paid more than $16k. Just sayin'. Lol

Not cool that he sent the second chance email on Saturday. I had already paid the deposit. WTH! Anyway I was jonesing for this thing, and bid pretty high! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom