SOLD CA: 100-series TRD Supercharger Kit - Better than new, fully rebuilt, ported, ceramic coated, unichip. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow ih8mud folks. I am considering selling my TRD Supercharger kit. I bought it last year, and it took nearly a fell year of waiting to get the kit, and all of its parts. I am at the point where I was about to install it. I was super excited about it too, as it's been my wish to supercharge my rig for a few years now. However some upcoming life changes, may mean that selling is a better option (unfortunately).

The kit was put together by a well-known TRD supercharger expert in the Tundra community (James McCann Jr). Everything has been fully rebuilt, there are upgraded parts, etc. Please see the following list for what's included:
  • Refurbished/Fully Rebuilt LandCruiser/LX470/GX470 kit (new bearings, everything completely stripped, vapor blasting/vapor honing/wet blasting)
  • Includes all parts needed for LX470/LC100 install.
  • ALL parts are either new, rebuilt, or replaced with something better
  • Includes 9th injector
  • Includes ATS Racing modified coolant housing
  • Ported MP90 unit (all porting done by Jokerz Performance - for the most part they expertise in Dodge, GM, Ford with very good results.)
  • Ported Intake Runners
  • Ported Rear inlet
  • Cerakote thermal barrier and thermal dispersant coatings internally applied and exterior coatings (including full prep and oven curing)
  • Includes Unichip plug-and-play piggyback ECU, preloaded with multiple tunes (all for the TRD Supercharged 4.7L, but with different fuel grades and pulleys). There is a tune that works with the kit at stock boost on premium pump gas. The Unichip is FAR superior than the TRD piggyback, as you can modify the tune on the dyno to something better than the canned tune, if so desired.
The only thing known to be missing are a few spacers for some of the plastic parts. But easily solved for a few dollars, and a trip to the hardware store, or McMaster Carr. EVERYTHING else is included.

Price is $12,600 (obo) plus shipping.

Note the price is based on a new in box TRD kit selling for $12,000 just recently. Please note: This kit includes everything included in the stock kit, with every part either new, rebuilt, or replaced with something better. There are no "used" parts in this kit. Plus the porting and coating work alone is worth more than $1,500. Then there is Unichip plug-and-play piggyback. Finding a used kit is hard enough these days. Then it will take months to refurbish the kit, and find or fabricate any missing parts.

Attached are some pics, more pics to come:

IMG_9097.JPG

IMG_9120.JPG

IMG_9122.JPG

sc - 1.jpeg

sc - 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Please note, it's OBO. So please send me a reasonable offer if you are interested.

Also, this thing is heavy and expensive to ship, so if you local/willing to pick it up in the SF Bay Area, you can save a bunch of cash that way.

oh boy..... now searching for a early Gx470.....

Here is a more comprehensive list of all that's included. There are a bunch of other things I am probably missing. But the kit should include everything needed to get your SC rig up-and-running plus more optional replacement stuff as well.
  • SC Rebuild: new bearings, new seals for entire MP90 unit
  • Intake Runner porting
  • MP90 rear inlet porting
  • MP90 supercharger porting
  • Cerakote Thermal Barrier and Thermal dispersant coatings
    • Exterior Thermal dispersant coated units make for a supercharger unit that dissipates heat 35% faster at all times.
    • Internal Thermal barrier barrier coatings prevent much of the boosted temperatures from penetrating the casted aluminum
    • Supercharger parts are soda blasted in preparation of those coatings
  • Unichip Piggyback ECU kit with 5 map switch and USB download cable (preloaded tunes)
  • CNC Machined pulley/pulley spacer kit with All the required Grade 10.9 Flange Head Hex bolts
  • Modified OEM coolant housing, welded and machined (faithful/better reproduction of TRD modified version)
  • Snout brace bracket
  • Brand New TRD 160 Degree Thermostat
  • Brand new bypass valve actuator
  • Ultrasonic cleaned, flow tested, rebuilt auxiliary injector
  • Faithfully Replicated 304SS TRD Fuel lines (hard lines)
  • CNC machined actuator mount
  • CNC machined fuel rail for 9th injector
  • Fuel - Toyota Double Banjo Bolt
  • TRD Supercharger units’ Brand new Grade 10.9 Hex head Flange bolts
  • Dayco Pulleys: Link to part numbers below. 1 Upper/1 Lower Required.
    • Upper Pulley DAYCO 89007 <<Original OEM part
    • Lower Pulley DAYCO 89003 <<Original OEM part.
  • Spark Plugs - Quantity of 8 (actually 16, since James gave 2 different sets)
  • GATES Supercharger belt (3 different versions included, James provided 3 options.)
  • DENSO Coil Pack Rebuild kit
  • Rubber hoses (coolant/vacuum/etc, all that are needed)
  • Water Inlet O-Ring
  • Dead soft aluminum gaskets for the fuel lines/OEM driver’s side fuel Dampener
  • Throttle body gasket
  • Intake runner gaskets
  • Intake coupler and hose clamps

Here is a more comprehensive list of all that's included. There are a bunch of other things I am probably missing. But the kit should include everything needed to get your SC rig up-and-running plus more optional replacement stuff as well.
  • SC Rebuild: new bearings, new seals for entire MP90 unit
  • Intake Runner porting
  • MP90 rear inlet porting
  • MP90 supercharger porting
  • Cerakote Thermal Barrier and Thermal dispersant coatings
    • Exterior Thermal dispersant coated units make for a supercharger unit that dissipates heat 35% faster at all times.
    • Internal Thermal barrier barrier coatings prevent much of the boosted temperatures from penetrating the casted aluminum
    • Supercharger parts are soda blasted in preparation of those coatings
  • Unichip Piggyback ECU kit with 5 map switch and USB download cable (preloaded tunes)
  • CNC Machined pulley/pulley spacer kit with All the required Grade 10.9 Flange Head Hex bolts
  • Modified OEM coolant housing, welded and machined (faithful/better reproduction of TRD modified version)
  • Snout brace bracket
  • Brand New TRD 160 Degree Thermostat
  • Brand new bypass valve actuator
  • Ultrasonic cleaned, flow tested, rebuilt auxiliary injector
  • Faithfully Replicated 304SS TRD Fuel lines (hard lines)
  • CNC machined actuator mount
  • CNC machined fuel rail for 9th injector
  • Fuel - Toyota Double Banjo Bolt
  • TRD Supercharger units’ Brand new Grade 10.9 Hex head Flange bolts
  • Dayco Pulleys: Link to part numbers below. 1 Upper/1 Lower Required.
    • Upper Pulley DAYCO 89007 <<Original OEM part
    • Lower Pulley DAYCO 89003 <<Original OEM part.
  • Spark Plugs - Quantity of 8 (actually 16, since James gave 2 different sets)
  • GATES Supercharger belt (3 different versions included, James provided 3 options.)
  • DENSO Coil Pack Rebuild kit
  • Rubber hoses (coolant/vacuum/etc, all that are needed)
  • Water Inlet O-Ring
  • Dead soft aluminum gaskets for the fuel lines/OEM driver’s side fuel Dampener
  • Throttle body gasket
  • Intake runner gaskets
  • Intake coupler and hose clamps
I strongly suggest using a 170 deg thermostat if you don’t want a CEL.
(supercharged 2003 GX)

Bump: Price drop $9,800 SHIPPED (in the US) obo.

I think this is where I am going to stop, and wait. If there are no takers at this price range in the next month, I'm probably just going to install it and enjoy it for the 10-11 months that I will have my 100. Then at that point, either sell the kit used, or sell the rig with the SC installed.

I have not business putting this on my truck but what's anticipated power gain from something like this?
Quoted from the original TRD marketing materials:
Supercharger, 4.7L V8, 2UZFE
HP & TORQUE GAIN
• Peak to peak gain: 112 HP gain (46%)
• Best gain: 118 HP @ 5,200 RPM (50%)
• Peak to peak gain: + 79 lb-ft torque (25%)
• Best gain: 119 lb-ft torque (50%)

So, with these results that would be about 358hp/434ftlb
However with the Unichip tune, the extensive porting and coatings. I'm going to guess closer to 400hp at the crank.

I've had one on my GX470 for ~ 2 years now with a Unichip piggy back and not much else and it is fantastic. Peppy, responsive, with solid 'throw you back in the seat' power in boost, as well. I can't imagine the truck without it. I know this is talked about as being for towing, but this feels more like a Raptor than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom