C4 Gas Tank w/ Cali Raised Slider (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Recently purchased a new 4Runner and working on building it out. Working through armoring the bottom. I have the C4 skids covering the front half. Looking at gas tank skids now. I really like the C4 gas tank skid, but... I have the Cali Raised Trail Series sliders. These sliders use some of the mounting holes that the gas tank skid will use. I reached out to C4 and they couldn't confirm that they would work together 100%. They said I could sandwich them all together on the frame side. I just worry that it's going to throw off the mounting arm alignments on the inner side. Does anyone happen to run this setup or have any insight? I know the Cali Raised fuel skid will work, I just worry about all the holes in it. I fear that's going allow it to get hung up more, compared to a smooth surface skid.

Thanks for any help.

Build picture of how she stands right now.

41717A98-D619-49A3-A5F7-DA8DE57F6007.jpeg

Hey all,

Recently purchased a new 4Runner and working on building it out. Working through armoring the bottom. I have the C4 skids covering the front half. Looking at gas tank skids now. I really like the C4 gas tank skid, but... I have the Cali Raised Trail Series sliders. These sliders use some of the mounting holes that the gas tank skid will use. I reached out to C4 and they couldn't confirm that they would work together 100%. They said I could sandwich them all together on the frame side. I just worry that it's going to throw off the mounting arm alignments on the inner side. Does anyone happen to run this setup or have any insight? I know the Cali Raised fuel skid will work, I just worry about all the holes in it. I fear that's going allow it to get hung up more, compared to a smooth surface skid.

Thanks for any help.

View attachment 3308612
Hey all,

Thanks for any help.

View attachment 3308612

Just wanted to complete the circle on this. The answer is yes. You'll sandwich the the slider mounting bracket between the frame and the new gas tank skid. So frame, the slider mount, then gas tank last. If you already have the sliders mounted you'll need to unbolt them almost all the way to get the factory gas tank "skid" off. Just fyi, the factory gas skid is as sharp as a knife. Wear gloves haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom