Bypassing heater all together?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I began pulling the seats, console, gas tank cover, etc. out of FJ to replace the transmission cover.  In doing so I seem to have ruptured a cheesy fix the PO did on one of the front heater tubes and began leaking coolant.  How can I just bypass the entire heat/ vent system completely? I'm leaving for an off-road event tomorrow and need to get the thing back together tonight.   Don't have time to mess with repairing the tube today so I want to just pull the entire heater, etc. out and fix another weekend.  Can I simply connect the two hoses leading into the heater tubes on the engine side of the firewall to bypass it completely?  Will it hurt to have coolant just circulating through that set of hoses without going through the heater? :eek:

yep, just connect the two....

or, if yer like me on my Chevy motor, ya pull the fitting off the water pump and install a plug then pull the return off the intake and put a plug there too....

heaters are overrated...hehehe

Cut hose intwo at the site of leak, insert a snug fitting bolt into each hose, screw on hose clamps and continue to cruise. Or better still insert a piece of copper tubing and clamp for a Kentucky permanent fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom