Bypassing accessory relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
olc4x4.com
I'm going to bypass the accessory relay so that I have constant juice to run my new ARB fridge (I just picked it up this weekend, nicey nice!).
Does anyone have any pics or input to make this job a little easier?
I looked in the FAQ area but it seems that most folks have run 12V from the battery, I'd rather use the existing plug and just bypass the relay.
Thanks for any help!

run new, fused, properly sized wiring from the battery back to the plug...if you want to do it right. When messing with electronics on my truck I try to keep everything I add or modify separate from the original stuff, less chance of problems down the line.

Forget bypassing ACc relay, OEM wiring is too small, run a decent size circuit from the battery.

I'm going to bypass the accessory relay so that I have constant juice to run my new ARB fridge (I just picked it up this weekend, nicey nice!).
Does anyone have any pics or input to make this job a little easier?
I looked in the FAQ area but it seems that most folks have run 12V from the battery, I'd rather use the existing plug and just bypass the relay.
Thanks for any help!

I looked into this FWIR the relay is behind the fuse block and removing the fuse block to get to the relay was more then I want to do. Like other I just ran a new line through the frame to the back of the 100 and refeed the rear acc outlet.

Typically, how long can you run an ARB fridge off your landcruiser battery like that? Wouldn't it drain the battery to fast to leave on overnight or ?

Sorry, don't mean to hijack, just felt like a fitting question since we're on the topic...

On freeze mode maybe but not usually on fridge mode. If the night is cool enough, you can even turn your fridge off. Depending on conditions, two nights is possible.

Checkout Whelen engineering for their wiring chart. They have a really good guage size chart for you're required load and wire length.

Got a link? I cant find it on their site.

Voltage calculate
Select Technical Support from the top bar
Select Voltage calculator from the Calculators box on the lower left
Select your Desired Solution on the first page only everything else can stay the same

On the second page use 12.6 as your voltage. Because it is a frig and many have voltage cut offs I would use 1 or 2% for voltage loss. For lighting loads you can use up to 5% drop without any worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom