Bypass Oil Filter: Pareto Point "Top Dog V" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed a bypass oil filter from Pareto Point Industries... on a Tacoma. Why am I posting it here then? Because the Tacoma takes the same OEM filter as the FZJ80. This could easily be replicated on the 80 as well, which I intend to do.

"Top dog V" is the model. I was hesitant to go this route, as there seems to be no information on the company, and the website looks like it's 15 years old.

The Red adapter "puck" screws on at the stock oil filter location. No drilling or permanent mod needed. The puck can be oriented in any way to make sure you have access to the hose adapters.

Bypass filter is rated from 2-5 Micron, where OEM is around 15-20 micron (no official source, just what I have gathered from other threads). Just to be clear, this bypass filter works with the OEM filter, it does not replace it. So total of two filters mounted up.

Another added benefit other than cleaner oil, is adding more oil to the system (around 1Q). Also, I could see it function as an aux oil cooler. Is this needed? Nope. The 80 is already super solid... makes me wonder if this system could squeeze even more life out of the vehicle. I would see this benefiting the diesel guys most.

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 9.36.37 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 9.36.59 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 9.36.49 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom