Bypass Auto Height Control LX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone! I just bought a 2002 LX470. I'm curious if there is a way to bypass the AHC so that I can drive in high mode all the time. Is this bad for the suspension? Thank you!

A quick search will net you plenty of resources on this, including the pitfalls:

Being in H all the time will increase wear significantly on many parts, particularly the CV axles. Be prepared to pay for this cool look with worse ride/handling and more frequent replacement of parts.

A quick search will net you plenty of resources on this, including the pitfalls:

Being in H all the time will increase wear significantly on many parts, particularly the CV axles. Be prepared to pay for this cool look with worse ride/handling and more frequent replacement of parts.
Thank you!

Thank you!
Hey so I followed the tutorial that guy posted on YouTube. I cut the red/white wire
And yellow/ red. I believe I cut the wrong wires because the ahc still went down after 20mph. Anyways, after cutting the wires I reconnected the battery and saw a spark from the negative terminal. When I started her I heard an abnormal whirring noise. Drove her around the block to find out that it still lowered after 20mph. The next morning I went to start my car and it cranks and starts for a second and then dies. No lights for the immobilizer are on.
I spliced those wires back together and it still does not start. I think I blew a fuse. Anyone have any idea what I should do?

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea what I should do?
(I'm sorry, I can't resist)
Don't go around cutting wires in your vehicle, just because you saw someone on YouTube do it, without doing your research, and understanding what you're doing?

I think I blew a fuse. Anyone have any idea what I should do?

Visually inspect your fuses, make sure you properly reconnected your wires. I dunno cause I have a cruiser, but don't they have little override modules to take all the guess work out of this?

If you think you blew a fuse, I would check your fuse boxes under the hood and near the drivers kick panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom