bxbuilt headlights on LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah ok, so basically buy headlight and use housing.

The only things you aren't using are the bulbs. The reflectors and everything stay there, you just modify the way they're mounted to accommodate the longer Morimoto projectors.

Surprised no one suggested Diode Dynamics SL1's...

They aren't perfect, but they are way better than factory and don't blind people like the cheapo LED's
1666755179277.png

Cheaper and lower effort than a projector retrofit (also serviceable without baking....).... and don't look like those round monstrosities.

Stay away from BXbuilt, lights are nice, cust service leaves ALOT to be desired.
yup as of now I've decided against it.
Got DEPO housing, next is Marimoto LEDs but then again I'm not sure if I'll ever finish that project lol.

BXBuilt out of business and did not deliver what I ordered. scammers.

yup as of now I've decided against it.
Got DEPO housing, next is Marimoto LEDs but then again I'm not sure if I'll ever finish that project lol.
Don’t give up on it @wisemonkey. The project isn’t difficult. Heating the housing slowly at a low temperature is key. 10 minutes at 200 degree at first, then no more than a few minutes at a time until the housing starts to peel apart. If the housing comes apart easily, it may be too hot. Otherwise the mounting tabs will melt and bend. Pull apart the housing, clean up the old glue, load the projector, re-glue and install.

The Retrofit Source setup me up with all the parts and glue needed for the install. Let them know you are using Depo’s, which they are familiar with. I used the Morimoto D2 projectors in the outer position. D1’s should fit the inner? The Retrofit Source will know about compatibility.

If you have a LX450, you will need to buy a Land Cruiser grill. There are lots of aftermarket options for different looks, in addition to OEM.

There are a lot of videos that step you through the project. If you what to talk about it, shoot me a PM. Happy to help.

IMG_5519.jpeg

Last edited:
Don’t give up on it @wisemonkey. The project isn’t difficult. Heating the housing slowly at a low temperature is key. 10 minutes at 200 degree at first, then no more than a few minutes at a time until the housing starts to peel apart. If the housing comes apart easily, it may be too hot. Otherwise the mounting tabs will melt and bend. Pull apart the housing, clean up the old glue, load the projector, re-glue and install.

The Retrofit Source setup me up with all the parts and glue needed for the install. Let them know you are using Depo’s, which they are familiar with. I used the Morimoto D2 projectors in the outer position. D1’s should fit the inner? The Retrofit Source will know about compatibility.

If you have a LX450, you will need to buy a Land Cruiser grill. There are lots of aftermarket options for different looks, in addition to OEM.

There are a lot of videos that step you through the project. If you what to talk about it, shoot me a PM. Happy to help.

View attachment 3289941
That pic and explanation makes me want to get off my ass and actually do it.
Thanks for sharing

BXBuilt out of business and did not deliver what I ordered. scammers.

Same here. Ordered headlights in June of '22. I started emailing in November and Daniel Hawkins at BXBuilt claimed covid supply chain distruptions as the reason for delay. On January 11, 2023, Luke said my headlights would shp in 7-10 days. they didn't come and he quit responding to my emails.

Same here. Ordered headlights in June of '22. I started emailing in November and Daniel Hawkins at BXBuilt claimed covid supply chain distruptions as the reason for delay. On January 11, 2023, Luke said my headlights would shp in 7-10 days. they didn't come and he quit responding to my emails.
Same here for an Oct order for Sequoia headlights.

I just received notice from PayPal that I am being refunded my $675.

Impressed.

Mine was from Freedom Retrofit, they are amazing , and the beam pattern is fantastic.
View attachment 3290057
Can you give any other info on this retrofit? It looks great. Not cheap according to their website, but what is these days. Yours looks slightly different than what's on their website. Did you try anything else before this, or just go from stock to the Freedom Retrofit?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom