Buying lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mud 80 members. I found a 96lx450 with 230K miles. It's been sat outside since 2013. Interior very rough dashboard dried out so the front seats. both rear windows regulators broken., Rear hatch dented in, quarter window seals torn. I tried to start it but only cranking could be the fuel in it since 2013. I am there only for a quick inspection. Planning going back next weekend with tools to test it 1 more time. Owner asking 3700, I also forgot to ask it registered as an nonops or not. What's the fair price for this one ?
Thanks

230k, dented, damaged, doesn't run.....$500.

I would be concerned about back CA DMV taxes due/owed ? That could be a bunch if they haven’t been paid and/or if the vehicle was not put on Non-op status.

As it it sits... its a parts truck. I'm voting with Bilt4me, low ball the :censor: out it.

Agree with others...there is no way I would pay 1000 for it let alone 3700. This is a time and money sink.

I bought one in similar condition on the east coast that started and ran, but with a damaged head gasket and working factory lockers ... $2500

A great point Cass...if the truck has lockers, one could make some money off those easy. But if this is going to be made into a driver, it sounds like a lot of time and money will have to be thrown at it. May be a cool project for some, but the asking price for a non-running truck is a bit steep. I'd pay hundreds for this truck, not thousands.

Thank guys. I spoke with the owner today. It registered as non operating. He ask if he can get it running, 3500 will I take it?. I said I needs to drove test it first then will making offers. It’s none locker

would have to see pics to make a fair assumption

Exterior look ok, the damaged on the rear hatch. Front interior trashed. 2nd row and 3rd ok no rips

I would be concerned about back CA DMV taxes due/owed ? That could be a bunch if they haven’t been paid and/or if the vehicle was not put on Non-op status.
KenH You really need to pay attention to the above post. I bought an Airplane in San Diego, and i no sooner got it home, and the state of CA. board of equitation was sending me a notice that i owed them 1500 bucks, that they said the PO had failed to pay them. Long story short, they take getting all their money VERY seriously, and they won't hesitate putting a lean on your vehicle to recover what they say they are owed!

KenH You really need to pay attention to the above post. I bought an Airplane in San Diego, and i no sooner got it home, and the state of CA. board of equitation was sending me a notice that i owed them 1500 bucks, that they said the PO had failed to pay them. Long story short, they take getting all their money VERY seriously, and they won't hesitate putting a lean on your vehicle to recover what they say they are owed!
Thanks I will looking into it. I needed to see the non ops registration from the seller first.

It's high for 3500 and needed a lot of works. Under 1000 more reasonable. If not working out I'm looking for another

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom