Buying Help...Initial Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I'm looking at this post in GA and trying to determine if this is a good deal.

Toyota Land Cruiser fj62

I'm really new to this and don't know enough to determine whether this is one to run from or explore further. This would be a weekender type vehicle for me and not my daily driver. Obviously, the rust gives me concern but I'm not sure how expensive it would be to repair the roof.

Any advice on a fair price or initial thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Raleigh

Run. Fast. Unless metal and body work as easy as blinking.

Ad says "normal wear & tear"
I'd say that's a stretch.
More like "vehicle suffers from extreme neglect"

Anyone who lets their vehicle crumble to shambles for decades like that one with not an ounce of preventative maintenance showing — definitely neglected EVERYTHING about the car: engine, lubricants etc.
That thing is a rolling nightmare

(at least I think so)

At this point roof rust combined with body rust is terminal for these. Maybe in another decade this will seem worthwhile, but check craigslist around the country. There are better examples for similar money.

Spend your rust repair budget on airfare and delivery charges. You’ll end up with a better rig long term.

Run Forest, run

I bought mine from a guy who was 900 miles away and had it shipped to me. No rust - at all. Was worth it. All I've done is mechanical stuff, which is fun. Body work - not so much.

BTW, if you do buy something sight unseen, I recommend escrow.com (no affiliation with them). You send the funds to them, the seller sends the title to them and ships truck to you. when it arrives, if it's as decribed, you click a button on their website and they send the funds to seller and title to you. Cost about $150 for that protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom