Buying from ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have any of you ever bought through one of the eBay brokers?

What do you think of this car and place? Some of their cars look really clean.

Have any of you ever bought through one of the eBay brokers?

What do you think of this car and place? Some of their cars look really clean.

I've bought enough cars on eBay to know I won't buy another car on eBay.

Pictures look very nice, but lack undercarriage shots. Inspection is key! Typically I'd not even look at one from this area of country. But this needs closer look.

Inspect, inspect, inspect.

DON'T DO IT!

See photos.

My ebay purchase was easily the worst automotive decision I ever have made. And that includes buying an ex-mud bog racer CJ-8 Scrambler at the State Line Auto Auction that had no emissions equipment, bent frame, and a non-stock engine. I had to convert it to propane to register it. Total PITA.

Hundreds of high-res detailed pictures and not a single one of the undercarriage...there's a reason for that.

9 years of PA winters. No amount of black spray paint and undercoating can hide all of that rust...but it never stops that seller from trying! :smokin:

My 2 cents... don’t do it. I like a few others made this mistake and it was also the worst automotive purchase I have ever made (to-date). Total rust bucket (even with undercarriage photos that looked ok). There’s a reason the vehicle is on eBay, and not sold locally or on one of the other sites (e.g., BaT, etc), given the current market. But if I did ever buy via auction again I would definitely follow the advice here to have the vehicle thoroughly inspected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom