Buying first LC - help wanted inspecting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm down in Charlottesville and considering driving up to take a look at an FJ80 in Churchville, MD. This will be my first LC, so hoping to get someone with expertise inspect it with me. Anyone interested in meeting and helping out?

Incentives:beer::beer::beer:

Hey guys, I'm down in Charlottesville and considering driving up to take a look at an FJ80 in Churchville, MD. This will be my first LC, so hoping to get someone with expertise inspect it with me. Anyone interested in meeting and helping out?

Incentives:beer::beer::beer:

If you're in Charlottesville, you should go south or west to buy an 80. Ask the seller where the truck has lived most of it's life, and if it was in MD or the Northeast all of it's life, it most likely has rust. Ask me how I know? A rusty cruiser will teach you patience, you'll learn about parts that you didn't know existed, and you might even learn a few wrenching techniques in the process. Stuff school can't teach ya!
But seriously, I would ask the seller for pics about any/all rust before driving up.

Good luck

If you're in Charlottesville, you should go south or west to buy an 80. Ask the seller where the truck has lived most of it's life, and if it was in MD or the Northeast all of it's life, it most likely has rust. Ask me how I know? A rusty cruiser will teach you patience, you'll learn about parts that you didn't know existed, and you might even learn a few wrenching techniques in the process. Stuff school can't teach ya!
But seriously, I would ask the seller for pics about any/all rust before driving up.

Good luck
Agree. Make the drive and go South. Any 80 North of Va (and Va isn't even that great) seems to be pretty crusted out after all these years have gone by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom