Buying first LC asking for community's help.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are absolutely right! I am bad about searching and searching and researching to death everything.. but when it comes to vehicles rarely pull the trigger. I know an LC is what I want.. and I assume from your reaction you see no red flags in the description I gave of the vehicle.. then i should probably jump on it and get to building what I want.
If you know what you want and you found one that meets your criteria. Just buy it. It's your money. I just paid a small fortune for a completely restored FJ45. NEVER in my life did I think I would spend this kind of money on an old Cruiser that cost more than some new cars. It has been THE BEST automotive purchase I've ever made. I smile every time I walk past it in the garage. I pine for sunny days to drive it. Don't get me wrong, if you have mechanical issues you're worried about, by all means ask on the forum for opinions but you're never going to find a group of car guys to agree on price.

If you know what you want and you found one that meets your criteria. Just buy it. It's your money. I just paid a small fortune for a completely restored FJ45. NEVER in my life did I think I would spend this kind of money on an old Cruiser that cost more than some new cars. It has been THE BEST automotive purchase I've ever made. I smile every time I walk past it in the garage. I pine for sunny days to drive it. Don't get me wrong, if you have mechanical issues you're worried about, by all means ask on the forum for opinions but you're never going to find a group of car guys to agree on price.
And that is exactly what I am looking for to get excited everytime I see it.. same as I do on the rare occasions I see any older LC.. but one that is mine haha. Wow a restored FJ45 I bet you smile everytime you see it.. though some of the smile is from walking lighter due to less weight in the wallet haha! But it is nice and I am sure a blast to drive!

It seems $10k is about the minimum price of admission these days for a decent high mileage 80, even more if locked and rust free.

As mentioned earlier, expect to add $5k or more (depending on how many threads you read) in the next few months taking care of a few things!

Good luck and enjoy! I really like the Sage 40th!
That sounds about right.
Minimum hand is $10K
Raise $5K for baseline.

One can try the penny slots, even through the buy in seems low, but it really isn’t.

The biggest factors is rust. Paint is a non issue. Everything painted with a clear coat will burn.

It’ll probably be gone by this weekend BUT that doesn’t matter. Another one will be available. Let us know how it goes and best of luck!

10k out here on the west coast that would be gone in a day! It all depends on the rust if it’s rusty pass you will be mad every time you touch it. It’s a 40th which is desirable to most. If the head gasket was done it seems like a fairly priced vehicle to me. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom