Buying another 80. Where else should I look? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All. I am in the market for another 80 (to replace the 1993 FZJ80 I foolishly sold over a year ago). I check craigslist, ebay and IH8MUD classifieds daily. Thought I would ask if there any other places I should consider looking. cars.com, autotrader? I will post WTB in the classifieds but thought I would put it out here too. I know, not tech but neither is "here's my new ride"...right?

This site is without a doubt the best enthusiast site I have seen. Well organized, super informative, just great!

Search Tempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist

Autotrader and cars.com are good too. Expand your search to as far as you're willing to drive. I drove from VA to just North of NYC to pick mine up. Also, don't rush the search if you can help it. You don't want to find your dream 80 2 days after the one you settled on.

I had tons of bookmarks on my computer... then crashed and had to get a new motherboard or something... Somewhere in all this goodness on MUD is a link to a site that helps you search all of craigslist as opposed to just a specific city or region like you have to do when you go to craigslist.com

I'll see if I can find it, but unfortunately all my B.A. bookmarks that I gained from hours and hours on here were lost when the laptop motherboard died. Hopefully someone who knows what I'm talking about will chime in with the site

best of luck (rec a '95):hillbilly:

:cheers:

I had tons of bookmarks on my computer... then crashed and had to get a new motherboard or something... Somewhere in all this goodness on MUD is a link to a site that helps you search all of craigslist as opposed to just a specific city or region like you have to do when you go to craigslist.com

I'll see if I can find it, but unfortunately all my B.A. bookmarks that I gained from hours and hours on here were lost when the laptop motherboard died. Hopefully someone who knows what I'm talking about will chime in with the site

best of luck (rec a '95):hillbilly:

:cheers:

This one?

It's a sticky in the For Sale/Wanted section.

Use a craigslist search tool and search the southern states, they usually have minimal rust.

This one?

It's a sticky in the For Sale/Wanted section.

No, I did just bookmark that (looks very helpful) but the craigslist assistant search page a member on here posted before allowed you to search craigslist without specifying a state or region or city... hence you search for landcruiser and it'll pull all craigslist listings across america... frippin computers. I'm talking hundreds of bookmarks down the drain:doh:

Thanks guys

Super helpfull! Truely this forum has it together better than any forum I have ever visited. IH8MUD is the BEST!!!!!

I know the feeling. it seams like when your ready to buy there is nothing and when your not there is the excat rig you've been looking for. I guess its the way of the cruiser gods. :)

i found mine on autotrader. it was a auto wholesaler. The car was cherry and needed the birfs rebuilt and I used it to take another 1000 off the price. I eneded up getting mine with 99K for a steal! Good luck.

maybe I'll buy a beater as a "hold over" till the right low miles locked one comes up. :meh:

when gas prices hit $4.00 again

I found a 40th anniversary 125k miles $4700 on cars.com (effin wife sold the rig out from under me and without the husband knowing while he was at work!!! errrrrr)

No, I did just bookmark that (looks very helpful) but the craigslist assistant search page a member on here posted before allowed you to search craigslist without specifying a state or region or city... hence you search for landcruiser and it'll pull all craigslist listings across america... frippin computers. I'm talking hundreds of bookmarks down the drain:doh:

If it was your motherboard, your hard drive is OK & your bookmarks & other info can be retrieved.

Good luck,
Paul

There are 3 diesels (Quebec, Alberta, BC) and 2 gassers (Toronto) on autotrader in Canada right now.... See if you can sneak a diesel into the states...

lol

D

Thanks for the usefull info. I found this craigslist search tool. Thought I would post for nayone that's interested.

Download CraigsPal | CraigsPal

....and be patient. Dont settle, wait for the one you want. Youll be happier in the long run.

Go to "Craiglook.com - type in Toyota Landcruiser and it will search the United States. You will see more. Also Autotrader was better than EBay- which is weak.

Go to "Craiglook.com - type in Toyota Landcruiser and it will search the United States. You will see more. Also Autotrader was better than EBay- which is weak.

Yeah. Not much on ebay. That is where I found my first 80. Didn't even know about lockers, bought it for around $5k and only had to drive 1 hour. Great deal really. Inside was a little rough and it had a replacement front fender but ran well. Id love to find the same locked, white, 93 that I did back then for $5k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom