Buying another 80. Where else should I look? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think it would take $500-$1000 and a weekend to get a southern truck up to you northern folk if you bought a one way ticket to wherever you find a truck. Buy it and drive it home. I drove 1000 miles (each way) for my first 80. It cost me the gas and time to get it home, but it's worth a few hundred bucks to have a rust free truck, at least to me.

I think it would take $500-$1000 and a weekend to get a southern truck up to you northern folk if you bought a one way ticket to wherever you find a truck. Buy it and drive it home. I drove 1000 miles (each way) for my first 80. It cost me the gas and time to get it home, but it's worth a few hundred bucks to have a rust free truck, at least to me.

x2 no rust is a real treat!

I agree. Less rust = better Cruiser. Willing to travel south for the right one for sure.

Check out the Carolinas, Georgia, and Alabama. I have a carolina based 96, 224,000 on the clock, not a speck of rust.

If I were looking and was willing to go anywhere, I would pick Washington and Oregon. Very moderate climate so the interiors are going to be in better shape than the southwest and no salt.

Met a guy who is in Virginia and bought a locked 40th Anniversary from a guy here in Phoenix. It was on Ebay for FOUR hours before he took this guys bid. Upon checking out the 40th, it is in excellent condition and stock. The shipping across the country with a top flight transporter cost only about a grand on top of the price of the LC.

You gotta keep your eye open and move fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom